The new ending!

I woke up in front of four older men.
"Hello, I'm Anxiety, who are you?" I instantly took a liking to Anxiety as he held out a hand to help me off the ground.
"I'm Depression." Even though I was around about the age of five there was something I didn't trust about them. So I lied about who I was. You certainly wouldn't tell a group of strangers your name would you?

A few months had passed and I was getting along well. I learnt about my job, which was to make sure Thomas wasn't depressed. I knew this truly meant something else since I wasn't actually Depression.
"Come on Depression! Time to sleep." Anxiety called from his room. I started to walk to my spot, on the couch, since for some reason my room had not appeared when I 'manifested', whatever that was. I was told it was a 'Logan' word.
Anxiety shook his head with a smile and herded me into his room. I looked around to see that he had set up a side of his room for me. It had my favourite things in it too. My sword hung from the wall, the shelves were filled with spell books fit for the strongest dragon witch. My bed sheets were a galaxy that moved around constantly. I had a desk below the shelf of books that had compartments in it for all my potion ingredients. On another shelf was a bunch of art books with pens and pencils, paints and brushes stacked up next to writing books. Everything was coloured black and very dark blue. Here and there were the occasional bright blue highlights but mostly black. I gasped.
"Do you like it?" Anxiety asked, worry edging his voice as he fiddled with his hands.
"I don't like it." I didn't turn around.
"Oh. Ok..."
"I love it!!" I turned around with the biggest smile I could muster. It wasn't that big mind you. I never smile so even a small smile made Anxiety grin. I hugged his legs (I'm still very short, because I'm still five and a half) he stroked my black and blue hair as he sat me on my bed. I curled up under my blankets. Yes. I had seven. Thank you Anxiety.
"Goodnight little witch." He kissed my head as he tucked me in.
"Goodnight dad." I yawned and fell asleep.

It has been a few more months after I got to move into Anxiety's room. Since then I had been learning. Learning to trust, learning to love, learning names.
"You're name's Virgil?" I asked.
"Sure is. I guess I'm glad I finally told you. I like being called dad but when the others call me Anxiety around you, it kinda hurts." I hugged my 'dad' as a single tear fell. I wiped it away.
"It's ok dad. Everything will be ok." He petted my hair again.
"I guess I wasn't exactly honest with you dad..." I trailed off. I hadn't meant to say it but a part of me wanted him to know.
"What do you mean?" It was his turn to ask the questions.
"Well, I'm not really Depression. I'm actually called Wrath. I stop Thomas from being hurtful and causing trouble." (In other words, violent, cruel and causing havoc)
"I guess that makes sense doesn't it? You did always seem to appear when Thomas got angry at something. Thank you for telling me." He gave me a final hug and sat me on his bed. We smiled to each other and Virgil put on Moana for us to watch.
"Ready to watch Moana for the first time Wrath?"
"Call me Drako." Virgil nodded, understanding. It suited me because I was a dragon witch after all. Sort of. More in training then anything but I was getting better.
We watched my first Disney movies for the rest of the night until I fell asleep. The only interruption is when Roman burst in and sat to watch it with us. The exchange was something like this:
"You're watching Disney! Why didn't you invite me?"
"Because this was a bonding thing?" Virgil replied, clearly annoyed that he was interrupted during Black Cauldron.
"I want to bond!" Then Roman just flopped onto the bed. I wasn't that comfortable around Roman because he kills Dragon Witches. Virgil knew this.
"Roman. Leave." Roman was startled at my demonic echo. He just glanced at Virgil who shrugged.
"Leave Roman. Before I make you leave." Roman left after that comment. I didn't blame him.
"Let's keep watching!" My voice was back to normal again. Virgil just nodded with a grin and we snuggled as the movie continued.

It was my first birthday with the others. I woke up to see Virgil leaving the room. He turned around to me as he heard me get up.
"Good morning my little witch!" I grinned.
"Good morning dad!" He grinned back, like I said, I never smile. He carried me on his shoulders out of the room. I giggled slightly as we entered the dining room.
My giggling stopped. The others sat around the table. This wasn't normal. Normally Patton was making breakfast, Logan was reading and Roman was watching Disney in the commons. Virgil looked just as confused as me.
"What's going on?" Virgil asked, sounding worried as the three just stared at us. Virgil took me off his shoulders and just held me, close to his chest. I felt him shiver slightly. I knew the attention scared him. I hugged him as Roman began.
"We have a slight issue." Roman's voice was cold, emotionless. This sent shivers down my spine. He was always so happy, with a dramatic flare. Now he was just sad, with a voice that just seemed to ooze from him like goo.
"What's wrong?" Virgil was growing panicked.
"We may have been cursed by a Dragon Witch." Logan sounded mostly the same to me but the only difference was he sounded, scared or unsure.
"What?!" I screeched. I felt my blood boil. Just because I was one didn't mean I couldn't be mad at the them.
"We were cursed to never be happy again." Patton started crying. Virgil instantly placed me down and hugged Patton.
"We don't know how to get rid of it..." Roman sounded so defeated. I walked up to him and patted his leg.
"Wait here for a second." I ran off to my room. My face scrunched up in concentration as I flicked through my spell books and started mixing some potions. After about an hour, I finally had three potions on my desk. They should remove the curse.
I picked them all up and walked carefully out to the dining room again. Patton had his face on the table, Logan was slumped over the back of the couch and Roman was sitting on the couch watching Disney. With. A. Sad. Face. I ran up to Patton and handed him a potion. I poked Logan and when he looked at me I handed him one. I jumped over the couch and landed upside down. I handed Roman his potion.
"Drink." I commanded. Virgil watched in shocked silence as the three obeyed. Suddenly, life seemed to return to their eyes. Virgil smiled as the other three looked happy again. In Logan's case, he just smiled will the others practically bounced with every step. They all came over and hugged me. A big group hug. Even Virgil joined.
"Thank you." They all told me in unison. I knew for now they would be grateful until they started to question how I knew an antidote...

Words: 1273
This is the longest one yet!
But alas I am done the book!
Thank goodness for book twos, am I right? No? Ok.
Well, I hope you enjoyed!
I originally had a different ending planned but I decided to wing this chapter. And to my utter surprise I'm happy with how it turned out! To think, I did the most writing when I had no plan!
Hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it!
Have a great day guys gals and my fellow non binary pals!
Peace out! (Virgil style)
✌️