Chapter 2 ~Nightmares*

Emerging from a cloud of green smoke, Pan, Felix, and Tinkerbell didn't waste a single moment. Pan waved his hand over Felix and himself transforming the two's jungle attire to identical pure black business suits. Pan waved his hand over Tinkerbell and suddenly she was a sight for sore eyes. An elegant scarlet colored dress wrapped itself around a beauty with blond curls. Even Pan had to admire his work, although Tinkerbell just rolled her eyes at him. Pan changed the ties scarlet to match her dress and stealthily looked for any sign of Felix's lost affection for the girl standing before them. Felix was glaring at her, it was the usual expression the two used regarding the other, and Pan smiled satisfied.

"People are staring at me," Tink glared at the humans gawking at her from across the street, "Can we go now?"

"Certainly," With that, Pan magically unlocked a nice looking, black sports car parked beside them. And just like that, the three set off for the long drive to New York City.

Pan was excited. His blood was singing to him. He was so much closer to his heart, he could almost taste the immortality he desired. They were in the human realm; he could simply shift his destination point and drive into Storybrooke, Maine. Henry Mills would be asleep in his cozy little bed. He wouldn't hear Pan creeping into the window.

Pan knew the plan he was currently in pursuit of carrying out was the best way to go; it would destroy the most happiness, but he still fought the temptation to end his suffering sooner. He contemplated sending The Shadow to bring Henry to Neverland instead, but now that Baelfire was no longer sharing his identity with him, The Shadow was back to being his irritating self. He was cruel again; he made the sand in Pan's hourglass spill quicker. Pan should probably do something about that. Maybe he'll put Rudolph inside him this time. But then again Rudolph was so very precious to Pan ever since he finally stopped fighting for his free will-

"Felix, I swear to God, if you don't turn this metal shit off right now, I'm going to strangle you with your own seatbelt," Tinkerbell growled from the backseat. Pan looked in the rearview mirror for a split second before letting his eyes return to the road. Judging from the murderous gleam in her dull blue eyes, she wasn't bluffing in the slightest.

"It's called music, and I'd like to see you try and strangle me, you bitc-"

"OK," Pan interrupted before any acts of physical violence inside the tiny car could cause him to accidentally flip the vehicle. It wasn't like Pan and the others would die. He would simply cast a protection spell over the three of them before impact. It would still hurt quite a bit though. Even magic had its limits, and Pan didn't want to waste time gaining any injuries that could have been easily avoided, "Felix shut up and change the station, the girl's got a point," And right before Tink could gloat, "Tink stop picking fights with people who could easily take you down."

Pan shook his head, nowadays he felt like he was constantly scolding children. Tink and Felix grumbled a bit more, although it was clear Pan's insults clearly embarrassed them both.

It all still felt so strange to him. Being admired instead of hated. Sometimes, it seemed too good to be true....

Pan took a deep breath and soon felt the electricity in his fingertips. He idly wondered what was keeping the steering wheel from catching fire. He tapped into their minds then, and he carefully peaked through the...curtain of sorts. He snuck into their minds and sorted through their emotions. They both shifted in their seat uncomfortably, but it was over too soon for the two to notice what was happening.

Tinkerbell, although glaring out the backseat window, had a firm resolve in her mind. Well two, to be exact. I'm going to ring Felix's neck in his sleep, then we'll see who can take who. And then the one that almost made Pan produce a smile: I will become an asset to Pan eventually.