Escape

Frank's POV

Today's the day. We're breaking out.

It had been a while since I had been captured when I tried to save Gerard and I couldn't wait any longer. I couldn't stand to see both Gerard and I, treated this way and living under these conditions.

"Gerard?"

"Yes, Frank?"

"I'm getting you out of here." I told him.

"When?"

"Today? But you have no plan."

"I know. But I'm breaking you out, before the day is done. I promise."

"Alright, Frankie." He said and kissed me on the cheek.

I sat in the cell and pondered any small chances of escape, trying to form an escape plan.

How could we possibly escape from here? If I could even get Gerard and I out of this room, then what would we do? We could be caught at any moment by dracs. I have no way of knowing where they're posted as guards, we could be caught at any moment just because we turned the wrong corner and didn't know there were draculoids. Right now I stuck to the problem at hand, how were we going to get out of this locked room?

---

I sat and thought all night, It was 11:00 when our cell door opened.

I jumped to my feet when a man in a hood came in.

"What do you want?"

He threw me a note.

It read:

"I'm going to break you out. Come with me if you want to live."

I decided that this was our best bet.

It was now or never.

"We'll do it." I said.

The man nodded.

"Gerard, come on." I whispered and picked him up.

He seemed weak so I decided I would carry him.

"Let's go."

The hooded figure motioned for me to follow, which I did.

We walked through corridor after corridor, went went down flight of steps after flight of steps.

It felt as though hours passed as we walked. Finally, we came to a small door in the wall. Both figuratively & literally. I opened the door and we stepped out. I was thankful it was night otherwise I would have been blinded by the light.

"Can we drove my car, I believe it is still where I hid it."

The man nodded.

At this point, I was the one to lead.

I found my car soon enough and placed Gerard in the backseat. Surprisingly, I was allowed to drive by our unknown savior and as we drove away from the cursed place the clock struck 12:01.

I had Gerard out before the day ended just as I promised.