Chapter Twenty Two

warning: chance of tears, gore and character death :<

Rough hands would grab onto the forearms of the female, and in a harmful manner begin to yank the body upward. The sounds that escaped was one of discomfort and pain, but this only made the ragged gloved fist tighter upon hold. It need not to let go. The cries were abrupt, but no vocal complaints were made. This wasn't the situation where complaints were an option.

Outstretching arms, her hands would wrap around the male's neck. If they both used their leg and upper-body strength, they could perhaps push forward through these pounds of filth. However, it would be hard. It was almost as if walking through quick-sand, and the way the meat would gradually shift towards the moving blades only amplified the difficulty level of this puzzle. 

Every step was a slip or not very far from their previous point. There wasn't anything to grab onto. They had to get as far away from the blades as possible, but they were sinking at an uncomfortable pace. How big the fan was hadn't crossed the mind. Was it small? Or was the majority of the ground just blades? Unknown, for even if standing at full height, their feet never touched the bottom.

"(Name)-san, stay behind me!"

His gaze would remain at the center of where the meats were being obliterated. His body was still weak, but he had enough strength to began pushing themselves back. But it was useless against how the meat swept them under their feet, forcing them closer to the fans. It was constant, shoving backwards and being pulled forward. As if it was incapable of winning fairly.

They were at a loss. A standstill. What could they do to avoid this situation? 

He had to keep on fighting. He couldn't let it end here. 

...Right?

He couldn't think of a way out of here. Every other place was impossible, and activating his quirk would not only harm his body, it could kill him. He wasn't even sure if he could still do it, either.

He closed his eyes. He didn't have the answers to this one. They just might meet their end here. And yet..

"My, my. Look at this scene~"

A voice filled with amusement entered both the teens ears, causing them to glance over. There was no speakers, so where was the voice coming from? Then, he looked towards the jammed door. It had opened.

A person with a cane, wearing a fake smile on his face. He had a beard and wore a suit, and his accent held an Irish tone in it. He found them.

"It seems you both will perish here, with no way out."

He opened the door. He must've been the one to turn the blades on in the first place.

Izuku released a growl (Name) didn't know he had been holding. The grip he held on her before tightened, something the girl felt. She flinched, before focusing on the malicious grin of the abuser that watched from above. The more they moved back, the more they were pushed forward. The man only laughed at this, uncaring of Izuku's harsh gaze. His eyes rested on the girl and her alone.

"Give me the girl."

"As if!"

The reply was instant from the hero boy, done before the girl could respond herself. A sigh escaped the elder man, rubbing at his head with a frown. Their futile attempts wasn't unseen by him. And it was laughable to watch them struggle, but alas, he couldn't afford a certain casualty. 

The machine was still as quick as ever. He smirked.

"You both will meet your end here. There won't be enough time to gather the both of you out of here."