Chapter Fourteen

"We'll have to try again."

Layered breaths. Her temple was in constant sweat, and her body shivered uncontrollably. Her body had become too heavy to properly move, but that could've been her body needing to adjust towards movement that she was lacking to do for hours. Her sight was blurry, and her brain was on fire.

To put it simply, she was a mess. 

So when those words, the same set of words that was repeated for what felt like the fiftieth time, she was sure she was going to flip.

"I..don't understand..."

A glare was directed at the two adults, who were unresponsive to her looks. They responded the times before this, it seemed like they too had gotten irritated with the situation. The man was staring at a machine, whereas the woman was staring at the unmoving bodies of the famous duo. And then she remembered why she was still laying in this chair..

(Eye Color) eyes slowly shifted towards the machine, and the man that operated it.

Cuu.

The machine had many wires that sprouted from it, that connected into a helmet which currently rested upon the girl's head. It was meant to monitor her..brain waves, was it? She was too tired to properly remember. But something about accelerating or...triggering something.. Possibly Meta-Atom's memories?

It was a possibility. Finding a way to trigger their beloved memories to knock them out of the puppeteer's hands was definitely conversed between the three. But, there was still more possibilities out there as well. She couldn't remember which plan they agreed on.

"I have told you already. Must I say it again?"

The man spoke without looking in the teen's direction. (Name) merely arched her brow. Did he mean the plan? Surely he could not see through memories..

Nonsense. That'd be insane.

"We must keep going until the specialist has noticed something wrong."

By specialist, he meant that lady next to him. She was more like an assistant, really. Her hair was some coloring of purple, and set into a high ponytail. Her eyes was a dark coloring, which were currently closed, and her hands were occupied. 

Occupied atop Meta-Atom's heads?!

"What the-"

"Do not bother her work."

Any words were sharply cut off right then. Once more, Cuu did not look her way, but his order was said in a very trying tone.

"It is her Quirk. If you are to ruin her focus, it could end in dreaded results, and all our work would be for nothing."

She narrowed her eyes. Now she wanted to know what exactly her job was, but resisted. It would be best not to, perhaps. She did seem to be monitoring the duo, after all.

"Rest and remember. We're getting closer."

It took a few moments, the constant beeping sensation ringing within her ears. (Name) leaned back and exhaled, resting her body once more. She would go through it again.

(Remember... All I have to do is rest and...remember...)

•••••••••••••••••••

Uraraka Ochako was one of the first to notice his absence.

It piqued her interest when he didn't appear in class a day after the two weeks of the mall incident.