Chapter Eight

"I...can not believe that worked."

The voice of Iida erupted, a look of shock on his features. Jirou seemed to hold one as well, but quickly recovered. Her actions worked. With the interruption via her Quirk, the red dome came crumbling down, releasing some much preferred air. They didn't realize how free the air felt, preferred over how rough the air inside the dome felt.

The rupture of the dome seemed to come by quite quickly, which surprised Jirou. She shouldn't have been able to break it with just her Quirk, unless it was weak. But that couldn't have been true. The barrier set off some type of illusion or hallucination towards the outside world, and also halted others from entering through some unknown force. Earphone Jack wasn't strong enough to do that, she thought, so who else helped them?

"Let's not wait in disbelief any longer, I have a feeling it'll be back soon."

"Right, don't want to waste our luck."

Outstretching his hand, a red flushed onto his cheeks, but he otherwise kept his cool. That alone gave her an idea on what he had planned, and she sweat-dropped, but nodded nonetheless. This wasn't the time for games. Her gloved hand connected with his strong ones, and with a quick maneuver, she was within his hold once again. Jirou pushed back how awkward, or embarrassing the bridal carry was, answering Iida's next words with a nod.

"Jirou-san, let's go get help!"

And like an unspoken agreement, they burst forward, zooming down the streets of confused civilians and natural life. They needed to call in the big guns. They needed to contact the BIG leagues.

•••••••••••••••••••

Bakugou wasn't waking up.

(Name) was on her knees in seconds, grabbing at the body laying before her. Although she was in shock, it didn't stop her from rushing at the teen's side, whimpering and whispering as if he could hear. (Skin Color) hands pressed onto each sides of his face, shaking him and repeatedly calling out his name. Said hands fell to his shoulders, as tears clouded her vision.

With as much strength as she could muster, she lifted the male's upper body onto her lap, and hugged him in desperation. He still didn't budge. Hell, she couldn't even feel a heart beating inside his chest, and her own was beating away like crazy. The only sound heard was the quivering of her lips, tears falling onto the boy's bruised face.

"Why..? Why would you do this?!"

The tearful gaze lifted upwards towards the two criminals, who said nothing throughout the whole ordeal. Their heads faced her way, before at each other, speaking a silent agreement. (Name) didn't care. She just held the body in her hands tighter, smothering it within her chest. Her gaze didn't falter from the two, staring, waiting. One of them faced her. She stared back. They began walking towards her. She stared right on back.

A single finger lifted towards her, and she closed her eyes. This was the part where they retrieved her. This is the part where they take her away, leaving her friends to die. This was the part where they won, and she lost. This was the part when...when..

"(Name)!"

Bakugou still wasn't waking up.

Her ears twitched, and she made no response towards the call. They were still walking towards her. The threat still remained. Bakugou was still-

No. She refused to think such way. But..if he was then..

A sudden punch landed right within the cheek of your 'father', sending her staggering back. An annoyed look landed on your 'mother's' face. Had this been a different situation, she would've imagined her 'mother' saying, 'What's with all the surprise attacks?! Geez!'