Really?!

"Gon Freecs, I have something to tell you."

''Yes, Killua?" Gon looked so confused but a little spark in him looked.... ecstatic. 

"I've wanted to tell you forever. But I was too embarrassed to say anything. You were always telling me I was your best friend in the whole world, and I didn't want that to change. Until... until something clicked."

"Killua, where are you going with this?" Gon turned scarlet and his eyes darted to Alluka for answers. I turned my head to see her reaction, but she was beaming with excitement.

"Wait, Gon. I've formulated this in my mind for months. I wanted to say that after the click, you became someone I only had dreamed of meeting.

Pssh, I'm making a fool of myself. What I'm trying to say is I-I-I...."

I squinted my eyes shut and clenched my wrists. I had no idea what I was doing, but my heart became warmer. I was doing the right thing this time. I knew. 

"I LOVE YOU, YOU IDIOT!" 

Before I could finish, I felt Gon's arms wrapped around my waist and I felt the warm tears streaming down his face. "I'm so glad." He smiled, letting go and looking up into my eyes. 

"You- you love me too?" I asked, turning scarlet. My heart started to beat a million miles a minute, and my palms started to sweat. 

"Of course, I do.. you dummy. Alluka tried to set us up all day."

"ALLUKA?!" I swirled around to see her laughing hysterically. 

"Guilty as charged." She laughed. 

"B-B-BUT YOUR DAD!" I cried, grabbing Gon and pulling his face on to mine. His hands trailed down to my waist and squeezed into a hug. 

"I've organized to go to Aunt Bisky's house until you two come back. I want to learn how to control Nen." Alluka blushed. "I love you, Big Brother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yes, that was it. Gon had been stopped in his tracks finally, and Killua wasn't parted with him without telling him his feelings. Alluka learned Nen, and became a master almost as good as her brother. 

Gon and Killua returned from the Great Tree with Ging, announcing that Ging would be willing for Killua to come with them. Ging had always felt that Gon needed someone while he was away, and the one admirable quality of Ging: fairness, blossomed as he carried Gon on his shoulders down the tree. 

Happy New Year everybody, have a wonderful 2018!