My Voice has Failed Me Once Again

"GON!" I yelled, sprinting behind him and climbing up the staircase. "I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!" 

Gon's face was stained a small bit with tears. He was.... crying as well? "Killua?" He asked, wiping his eyes and hoping I didn't notice. "Why are you here? Where is Alluka?"

"I just..." I turned a violent shade of scarlet. "I..."

Gon was unbelievably patient with me as I remained a stuttering mess. Of course, he had known me for all these years. 

"I just wanted to tell you.." 

"Yes, Killua?"

"I hope you have an amazing time with your family and please text me a little more than every once and a while! Okay bye!" 

And with that, I sprinted away. 

 Each small step made me question everything I had just done. Why hadn't I told him my feelings? Why was he crying? Did he.. love me too? But after a little while, I realized I had done the right thing. Hadn't I?

Gon smiled and walked away, blushing a light pink and starting to run up the stairs. He disappeared up the stairs as they were in a spiral. 

I had done the right thing. I wouldn't have to relive this day ever again.

It was done. Gon was...gone. 

I went back to Alluka, her blue eyes wide with excitement. "Well, did you tell him?"

"I told him I hope he had a wonderful....life..." I fell. I fell to my knees as I had done before. It's okay, I thought. This is just what happens in life. You love, and then you leave

You love, then you leave.

You love.

Then your life crashes down before you.