Spellbound

(Alluka POV)

I hadn't seen big brother for three hours now. 

After we got back from the hospital, Killua's eyes had swelled up and started watering. I followed him into his room, but he pushed me out and slammed the white door in front of my face, missing it by inches. 

My mind buzzed with confusion; Brother had never done this to me before. Ever since I was younger, he would always know how to solve the problems Nanika would make. He would always hug me and apologize for something he wasn't even responsible for. Why wasn't he letting me in his room?

"Big Brother! Why won't you let me in?" I screamed, pounding my fists on the door as if trying to escape something from the end of the hallway. I heard no answer, just little pitter-patters of what sounded like rain hitting wooden floors. I ticked my head up to look through the window, but saw no rain. The rain was coming from inside the bedroom.

"Big Brother!" I continued to pound, tears starting to blur my eyesight as I felt myself lean further in against the door. He still wouldn't answer. "The rain is inside your room!" 

"There isn't any rain, Luka, those are tears." He sniffled, making the sentence incomprehensible. "People make them when their..." His cries erupted into wails "w-w-when their lives are falling apart in their hands, Luka!" 

"Big Brother!" I started kicking the door, the planks vibrating at my touch, about to snap. I started to feel the rain falling on my face and hear them fall to the floor. 

I was stopped. I felt the pitter-patters fall on my hands. "Big Brother?" I asked, my voice sounding pure as if spoken from a wine glass. "Answer me: is my life falling apart?"

I heard the sheets of the bed rustle and footsteps leading to the door. 

"B-b-" My cries were silenced as the door creaked open. I felt two arms wrap around me and sway slightly as the pitter-patters started falling on my head. 

I heard the laughs Big Brother makes when he thinks he's being idiotic for being hurt, followed by the hug tightening. "I really shouldn't expose you to these things..." he rubbed the tears from his eyes. "I'm hurting you."

He let go. 

"I'm so sorry."

"Big Brother, tell me, are you going to miss Gon?" I ticked my head to the side to match his. 

"Yes, very very much. He was and always will be my... my...." He gathered himself and cleared his throat. "Can I go and have some alone time for a little bit? I'll be out in a few hours." He smiled like a cat and stood up slowly.

"Can you help me up?" I felt a whisper in my ear and a purple cloud float around near my eyelashes. 

"Of course." He lifted his hand out and gestured for me to take it. I did, and stood up.

Almost in a second's duration, he was back inside his room. But there was no pitter-patter noise. There were no... tears. There was pure silence. 

And then, the purple cloud take over.

And then.... it was black. The purple clouds I had grown so accustomed to all these years had surrounded me, deep in a pit of pure black. Nanika was coming out. 

"Killua." She knocked on the door. 

I heard sniffles, followed by a response: "I give my wish to you, Nanika. If I wished for tomorrow to never happen, I would be stuck in a circle of tears."

I heard shuffles, a door opening, and the pitter-patters. Then, a slap. 

Followed by the knocking of elbows and his head on the hardwood floor.

And then the spell was cast. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a quick explanation:

Why doesn't Alluka know what tears are?

I made her not know what tears are for storytelling emphasis. I know she actually cried herself, but that doesn't mean she understood what was happening. Alluka has been protected her whole life, making sure no one provokes Nanika. So, because she has been sheltered from any negative emotions, she does not understand what is happening when her humane side feels the negative emotions. 

So, yes! Surprise! A whole new book! Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you enjoy.