Announcement...VERY Important, Please Read

Before I say anything, as a disclaimer please please please be kind to me because I'm very afraid to make this announcement.

I'm not going to write a third Mute book.

I've thought about this for a long time, and I realized I can't possibly write another hundred chapters.

Even though they're just a few sentences long, I have no ideas at all for a plot.

I wasn't originally going to make a third book, but all of the comments kind of pressured me into thinking that gosh, I better write a third book.

I thought that I had resolved the plot of the last book well, and I can't think of anyway to continue it.

The kindness of your comments of how much you liked the book means the world to me, and I was pressured to deliver a third book like you wanted.

But I was so stressed out, writing became guilt looming over me instead of a joy and something I wanted to.

I am NOT blaming you guys whatsoever. None of your comments saying that you wanted a sequel were pressuring at all, I love to see the comments. It was me, and my own stress, and my own life. Not you guys.

If I did continue into a third book, I feel like it wouldn't be any good as I would just be writing to finish a third book, not writing because I wanted to and had a specific story in mind. The entire book would be filler, basically.

So please, please be kind. I was putting this off for a very long time because I was scared people would be angry, or hate me.

Please don't be angry, and please don't hate me.

I'm very, very, very sorry.

Unfortunately,

—Liz.