Day 134

✦✗✦✗✦✗✦

You only remember little bits and pieces of what happened.

You remember the hitting, of course you remember the hitting.

You remember watching helplessly as your father grabbed your precious notebook out of your hands and ripped the pages out, one by one.

All of your memories floated in slow motion to the ground.

And you remember Tyler rushing into your apartment.

The door was already open when he got there. He pushed right past your dad and ran to you, screaming your name and pulling you into him. His body was the only thing shielding you from your father.

He held you close for a few fleeting moments as you sobbed into his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around you.

Then he turned to your father.

"Get out," he spat, trembling with rage.

Your father said something to Tyler, but you can't remember exactly what.

But you do remember your father raising his hand, about to hit Tyler.

Tyler was quick. He reached up and grabbed your father's wrist, stopping him from slapping him right across the face.

"I said get out!" Tyler screamed at the top of his lungs, shoving your father backwards.

Your father stumbled back and fell to the ground.

That's when Tyler kicked him.

He kicked him right in the stomach.

And he wouldn't stop kicking him until you pulled him away.

Even then you had to hold him back.

✦✗✦✗✦✗✦