My Melancholy Blues

"Chelsea! Telephone!" My mum called me.

Timothy and I didn't last that long at the park since mum and the rest of Queen were there. We all ended up leaving at the same time, taking Timothy home.

"Coming!" I ran down the stairs, towards my mum, grabbing the phone.

"Hello?" I finally answered.

"Hey, Chels." I heard Sami on the line.

"Oh, hey Sami." I thought it was going to be Timothy..

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well, Derrick and I broke up again..." She started saying, I could hear her starting to get upset as she cried over the phone.

I rolled my eyes, Act this out right, Chelsea.

"Oh, Sami! I'm so sorry about that!" I acted sympathetically.

"T-thanks" Sami stuttered.

"He... He said I was nothing, and that I didn't do what he wanted. He... He said I didn't meet his expectations" She sobbed.

I sighed, What a prick.

"I wish I could hug you, tomorrow I will though, I promise. We could go out for ice-cream after school too?" I suggested.

Sami softly chuckled, "Sure, I'd like that.."

I smiled, "Alright. Well, I need to head off too bed. Take care, doll." I hung up.

I really hate drama, don't you? Especially girl drama... And especially relationship with an abusive man drama.  I don't even want to think about Sami's problems.

"Who was on the phone, dear?" Mum asked.

"Sami, mum I think I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I'm going out for ice-cream after school with Sami." I started to walk up the stairs, I stopped.

"And mum, I better not see any of you there.." I said, mum just chuckled as I walked the rest of the stairs heading towards my bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another morning of walking with Sami to school, this time she cried the whole way.

"Derrick! Derrick!" Is all she'd sobbed. I just wrapped my arms around her for support as we continued to walk.

"Hey, Chels" Timothy smiled at me as Sami and I walked inside the school, going our separate ways.

"Hey, Tim." I smiled, sitting next to him.

"What's wrong with Sami?" He asked looking at Sami, crying past us.

I sighed, "Derrick broke up with her... Again. It's fine, I'm treating her with ice-cream, would you like to join us after school?" I asked.

"I'd love too, but I think this is a whole girl thing only." He smirked.

I chuckled, "Alright. Maybe next time then" I winked at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I just can't even cope with this, Chels. You have no idea what it's like!" She sobbed, while taking a spoonful of ice-cream.

School was dreadful, I was worried about Sami the whole time. She must really love Derrick.

"I will understand one day, but Derrick is a prick, Sami. You don't want a man like him no matter.. what he did to you.."

She chuckled at my comment.

"Thanks for the ice cream, Chels. Honestly, you know what I like" She sniffled, smiling at me.