Choices

Emeralds PoV

I stood in shock looking at Mum cry into dads chest. There was no way Ed would of been that stupid. I saw a movement in the trees and grabbed dads pistol. I aimed it into the forest and fired a warning shot. I wasn't sure it was Ed so I shot a tree to scare him or whatever creature it was away.
"Did you get the bastard?" Dad asked going to walk away from Mum.
"Don't leave me." She clutched his chest. He wrapped his arms around her again.
"Let's just go home." Mum nodded and he walked her to car.
"Lucy do you want to stay at ours tonight we have a spare room?" Dad asked and Lucy smiled slightly.
"If that's ok with you that would be lovely." Dad sat mum in the passenger seat and I had to help him get Mum to let go of him. After we managed to tear her away from him we got in the car and went home. The journey was silent with the only sound being Mum crying. We got home and dad basically carried Mum in.
"I'm going to go to bed. I'm guessing you two need time alone. Lucy do you want me to show you to you're room?" I said as I saw Mum collapse onto the sofa. Lucy nodded and followed me upstairs. I walked her to the spare bedroom and opened the door.
"Ok breakfast is generally at 9 but it depends when they wake up. I'm sorry about all this. My family's got demons." Lucy smiled at me sweetly.
"Haven't we all. Thank you and goodnight." I shut the door and left her there before going into my room.

I sat on the bed and got out my phone. I saw I had a messaged from Eric.

- we need to talk.

That was all it said. No kisses, no hey no nothing. My heart began to race. He was going to leave me. I threw my phone as I clutched my pillow. I cried into it scared. I felt so alone.

I lay there for an hour until I couldn't cry anymore. I decided to go check on Mum. I walked downstairs still feeling empty. I saw her cuddled into dad but she wasn't crying. I was stood behind them and I couldn't see her shoulders moving. Dad sat stroking her hair and kissing her forehead. I had never seen him be so gentle. He touched her like she was glass and could shatter at any moment, but I could also see his grip was firm and protective.
"Hey." I said weakly. Dad turned around but Mum didn't move.
"Em this isn't the best time." I nodded and grabbed my jacket.
"Where are you going?" I heard Mum almost whisper from the sofa. I didn't answer at first.
"Answer you're mother Em. That's the first thing she has said since we got home." I swallowed trying to hid my emotion.
"I'm going to see Eric." Dad clicked his fingers and frost walked over.
"Take Em to Wayne Manor." Dad said and frost  walked out with me. I didn't have the energy to argue. I got in the car and we drove all the way to Eric's. Frost tried to make small talk but I couldn't hear a word he was saying.

We pulled up outside Wayne Manor and I got out the car.
"Good luck miss." I knocked on the door and Bruce opened the door.
"No Alfred?" I asked trying to sound as happy as possible. Bruce shook his head.
"It's his night off and I don't want you here."

Jokers pov

"Baby he can't hurt you know. I've got you." Harley didn't say a word she just stared into space. Apart from speaking to Emerald she hadn't said a word.
"Harley I'm going to get you a drink." She shook her head and gripped my shirt as I went to stand up.
"Don't leave me." She begged as she began to sob again.
"Harley baby I'll be right back. I need to go to the toilet as well." She shook her head and clung to me.
"Nick!" I called and he hurried out the kitchen.
"Nick will look after you baby. I'll be right back ok." She nodded slightly and reluctantly let go.  I went to the toilet and then went and found her favourite wine. I took that in with a glass for her.
"I'm back baby." I said and nick got off the sofa and went into the kitchen. I grabbed his arm as he walked past me.
"Did she say anything?" I asked but he shook his head.
"I can hear you." Harley said from the sofa. I poured her a glass of whine I handed it to her. Harley grabbed it and downed almost all of it.
"Puddin... I'm so sorry." I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her into my lap.
"This isn't your fault baby. None of this is your fault." She clutched my shirt and cried into me again.
"Baby don't cry... I will make sure he pays for this and he won't be able to do it again. I've got you harls."

Eric's PoV

I heard the doorbell ring and looked out my window. I saw emerald stood there as a car drove away. I saw the door open and I went and sat on the stairs and listened.
"I don't want you here." Was all I heard dad say. I ran downstairs and pushed him out the way opening the door fully.
"Well I do." I let Emerald in and I saw a small smile on her face.
"Eric." Dad said firmly but ignored him.
"Em come upstairs I need to talk to you." I saw her face drop again but dad laughed.
"Finally got some sense then? Finally leaving her?" Emeralds eyes went empty and I shook my head. Emerald smiled at me a small sparkle in her eye.
"Come with me." I said grabbing her hand and leading her upstairs.

We got into my room and I hugged her. As soon as I hugged her she broke down.
"Em what's wrong?" She shrugged before looking up at me.
"I thought you were going to leave me. I can't handle that... not today." I looked at her with confusion. Maybe her dad had beaten her Mum again... or worse.
"Em what happened?" She began to cry again.
"Riddler raped mum... she won't talk she won't move she was just sitting there, Crying, begging dad not to leave her. I've never seen her so weak. He broke her Eric. That evil bastard broke her." I walked her over to bed and we lay down. She stopped crying and looked up at me.
"So what did you want to talk to me about?" I didn't know if know was the best time with everything going on.
"Well? I came all this way and I panicked so you can tell me." I kissed her forehead softly before speaking.
"Are you sure this is the life you want. The life of crime, fear and power struggles. You could be one of the good ones Em." I froze as she sat up.
"Excuse me?" She said her voice disgusted and tinted with anger.
"Em that's not what I meant." I pleaded with her but she stood up. She looked at me and looked heartbroken.
"So my mum just got raped and you expect me to run away and live a happy little life with you fighting crime? Probably fighting them? It's in my blood Eric, and I thought you loved me for who I am. Dad was right. I should of never let you in." She went to walk out but I grabbed her arm. As I did she turned and smacked me. My cheek burnt but I didn't let go.
"I'm not going to give up on you." She smiled and kissed my cheek. She leant up to my ear and whispered.
"Well I'm giving up on you." With this She pulled her arm form my grip and stormed out.