Finding My Mate

Marcus

Even the best of my best trackers couldn't fucking find her. We all had been searching for roughly six hours by now and darkness had blanketed the sky.

'Where the hell could she be?' I snapped at Sebastian and Ryder in anger, despising the fact that they knew her better than I did. They knew where she would hide, where she would hunt and where she would most likely be- all because they had known her longer than I did. All that would change once I found her. I would apologize, beg her to come back if I had to and make her mine!

'She could have reached a number of places by now,' Ryder stated the obvious as we reached the heart of the forest. 'She could have already skipped town by now,' added Sebastian.

'Well, there are twenty six small villages and towns in a four hundred mile radius from here,' Devin spoke.

'Then we will all split up!' I ordered. 'Devin, you will go with Sebastian, Ryder and Jake, got it?' I asked, not really trusting those two to go alone and then continued to split my men up and told them where to go.

Finally, I was the only one remaining and decided that I would go alone and follow my wolf's instincts in hope that it would lead me to my beautiful mate.

'Shouldn't you take back up?' asked Sebastian.

'Don't question me, pup!' I growled and then took a running start before I leaped into the air and shifted into my wolf, landing on four paws. My claws instantly came out and dug into the ground, feeling the soil beneath my paws. Everyone began to shift and ran along in different directions until I was left alone the wilderness.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled a deep breath through my snout, smelling the familiar scent of wild animals. Suddenly, a faint trace of that all too familiar scent of roses and vanilla with a dash of cherry blossom ran through my nostrils.

Instinctively, my eyes opened and I dashed east like my life depended on it.

And that is how I began chasing my mate.

It has been hours since I split up from everyone and I just crossed the French boarder and was probably in Germany, if I wasn't mistaken, I would say I was in the ardennes forest.

I reached an area of rural countryside, miles away from any form of civilization when her scent began to become much stronger. Motivated by this, my wolf took over completely and began racing at top speed towards the scent, ignoring anything in the way and focusing completely on finding my mate.

Big mistake- suddenly, out of nowhere, a rogue came and tackled me from my left, causing me to fall onto the ground with a large slam.

I shook my head, getting into attack mode and growled my teeth defensively.

I must have really been stuck in a trance when I was focusing on Arabella because the next thing I knew was that nearly fifty rogues surrounded me!

My eyes narrowed and I formulated a plan of what I was going to do. Making the first move, I snap my teeth into a small weak rogue and pulled off a pound of flesh from his neck, snapping his trachea in the process and let him fall to his death.

Within seconds, countless more were circling me and pouncing on me, I leaped in the air making all the rogues fall and began sprinting forward, trying to ditch those filthy mutts.

I noticed from the corner of my eye and some of them were shifting back into their human form and questioned such a bizarre move.

I kept of running, yet I couldn't help but think of the first time I met my beautiful Arabella, she was in the same position as I currently was.

Out of nowhere, one of the rogues tackled me and ten others jumped on me, pinning me down with their combined weight.
Damn it, I wish I had listened to Sebastian and gotten back up!

Two rogues in their human form came up to me with a sickening smirk and I felt a sharp needle piercing the skin near my stomach. I cried out in pain, hissing at the roughness of their actions.

Suddenly, the world around me began to become blurry and my eyes began to close, I let out a cry chuckle, remembering how Arabella had met me in such a similar situations and her mouth watering scent became so vividly near that I felt that she was actually there with me.

Lightening stuck and thunder rumbled, forcing me to pry my eyes open. I sat up on a lumpy bed, my eyes taking their time to adjust to the dim lighting. Where was I?

I recalled my clash with the rogues and my search for my mate. I inhaled deeply, noticing that I was in my human form and looked around my surroundings.

I was in a tiny room with no furniture. The floor was unpolished and a fine layer of dust seemed to cover the walls.

I looked down to notice I was on a single brand new mattress with a black cover and a new white duvet was covering my body. Looking down, I noticed I was dressed in a white tee shirt, one size too big, and a pair of cotton sweat pants like the ones I wore at home.

What the hell had happened?

I scanned the room and noticed a small heap huddled on the ground. I narrowed my eyes, focusing on the strange item.

What is wrong with me? Typically I would have just used my enhanced wolf eyesight, but for some reason I couldn't.

That small bundle shifted and an all too familiar scent drafted towards me.

Arabella! It was her! Immediately, I got of the mattress, but winced and crumbled to the floor when excruciating pain hit my abdomen and began to radiate all over my body.

'Marcus!' she gasped and ran over to me and began to help me back onto the mattress. 'You shouldn't be out of bed! You could seriously damage your wound!' she scolded.

'What happened? Where are we? Oh, Arabella! I am so happy to see you my love! I am so sorry-' I began but was cut off when her lips flew onto mine.

Sorry for the really long wait on this one :( 

Thanks so much for all the comments, I reply to the really long ones or the ones which have doubts or suggestions regarding this book.

If you want me to reply to your comment then please specify! I would really appreciate feedback. 

PLEASE COMMENT <3