How True Is True Love

Marcus

I should have known it! I should have known that she was exactly like the others! She didn’t want me, she probably never did. She wanted to get away from me. All those lies she spoke about wanting me as a mate and being “committed” was utter bull shit!

Damn it, I hated this girl for fucking with my head. Yet hehe I was, kissing her with every bit of hate in me.

My lips molded into hers, clashing and colliding with a burning passion as the struggle for dominance resumed. I forcefully pushed my tongue into her mouth earning a greedy moan on her behalf as out lips clamped together.

A wave of realization slammed into me like a ton of bricks and I pushed her aside, wiping my lips furiously. ‘What’s wrong, Marcus?’ her sweet angelic voice whispered out those bitter devilish words.

‘Don’t you dare fucking ask me what is wrong! You know exactly what is wrong! How dare you kiss me with the same lips that you probably smooched Ryder with minutes ago?’ I fumed in rage. Just the image of them in a lip lock had me going angry.

‘I did not kiss him!’ she shrieked in self-defense as her eyes widened in shock. ‘We were only hugging, nothing more Marcus!’

‘Oh yeah, then why did I just walk in to see my mate with her arms wrapped all over my biggest enemy and her face buried into his disgusting rogue chest?’ I boomed, clenching my fists so tightly that my knuckles were turning white.

‘It is not what it looked like! He was here to save me! Nothing else! I told him that I was here on my own free will and that you were my mate! I was only hugging him because he was leaving and I have no idea when I will get the opportunity to meet him next!’ she cried out in one long rushed breath.

‘Never! You are never going to meet that filthy worthless rogues ever again! You are mine Arabella! I am the only man you are allowed to lay your beautiful eyes on, the only one who you can touch, the only one who you can make love to and the only one you are going to spend the rest of your life with! You. Are. Mine!’ I finished my monologue by wrapping my arms around her tiny waist and pulling her towards my chest.

‘I-I….’ she stuttered for words as her heart race increased drastically. ‘I am not yours!’ she finally spilled out, making my role my eyes at her annoying attitude.

‘So I guess we are back to square one, my beloved. You are mine because I am your mate. The same way, I am equally yours. No girl can ever replace you of make me feel like the way you do. Arabella, you are a hypnotic little minx sent from heaven and it drives me crazy how much I care about you,’ I explained to her.

‘Is that true?’ she asked me, cocking her eyebrow slightly and folding her arms right below her soft plump chest giving it a little push. Evidently, her little rise in her chest area had caused a big rise in my lower area. I mentally groaned at the fact that I was getting turned on by such a little gesture on her behalf.

‘Are you even listening to me Marcus?’ Arabella scolded disapprovingly as she waved her hand in front of my face.

‘Huh? What? Could you repeat that?’ I asked, flushing with mortification.

‘I said that I am not a little girl. I know what I am doing and I don’t want to be told what to do. If I want to see Sebastian and Ryder then I will! And you can’t stop me! They might be rogues in your eyes, but in mine they are my family. They are all I had left at a point of time and if it weren’t for them then I probably wouldn’t even be alive right now!’ she lectured me, using her hands to make elaborate hand gestures.

‘Is that all you have to say?’ I asked in a bored tone, faking a yawn. She nodded her head solemnly, clearly not expecting me to have such good control over my temper. ‘Good girl,’ I praised. ‘Now, you are still not allowed to meet those rogues and that’s final.’

‘That is so unfair Marcus! How come you could sleep with all those whores before you met me, yet I can’t even speak to the people who helped me through the most difficult time of my life?’ she spat venomously. I cringed at the fact that she knew about my past, but all those relationships and one-night-stands were meaningless. Arabella actually had an emotional relationship with Sebastian and Ryder and that pained me equally as it made ma jealous. I hated that I was not there for her during her time of need, but I was here now and I had no intentions of letting her go ever. Yet there was a part of me that wondered how she knew so much about my past.

‘Those were meaningless one-night-stands. I am sorry if it hurt you but I never thought I would find you and I was beginning to lose hope. Besides, it is extremely rare for a warrior to have mate and even more rare for a gifted wolf like you to have mate,’ I told her, attempting to justify my actions.

‘I don’t care! I hate all those women for sleeping with you and I hate you for sleeping with all of them!’ she screamed at me, throwing her hands into the air.

‘Arabella! Please! Don’t be angry! I am never going to see a single one of them ever again! That is the past, now I have you and I don’t need any other woman…. Just haw you don’t need any other man,’ I told her calmly.

She nodded her head in understanding. ‘I guess you are correct…’ she trailed off in a soft whisper. ‘I don’t need any other man and you don’t need any other woman,’ she repeated my words, hopefully they were sinking in.

‘Good, so I don’t want you talking to Ryder or Sebastian ever again,’ I smiled in achievement.

‘Okay,’ she nodded her head. ‘But on one condition,’ she quickly added on.

Damn it, I knew there was a catch! ‘What would that be?’ I asked curiously.

‘You have to hunt down and kill every singly one of those trashy sluts!’ she sneered coldly.

I opened my mouth to answer, but was cut off when the door came flying open off its hinges.

‘Alpha!’ Devin breathlessly called out.

‘What is it Devin? I was having a conversation with my mate so this better be important!’ I warned him.

‘Alpha! We just caught Sebastian and Ryder!’