──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────

A week since that fateful training excersize, followed by several others, had passed, and the team was now seated along a long, dark oak table. Seven on one side, seven on the other, KIM DOYUN seated at the head.

They had all been summoned to his tower not too long ago, the last-minute message surprising and worrying the fourteen of them. And, when seeing the CEO with his brows furrowed and eyes closed, pale fingers gripping onto each other in a way that looked like it would hurt, this only increased their panic.

They waited, the stifling silence beginning to grow a bit too overwhelming, until he spoke.

"So tell me..." DOYUN stared at each of them, his eyes now open and hands relaxed with a fiery gaze to contrast this. "Why has there been no progress made between the fourteen of you? Why do you still argue almost non-stop?"

Wary looks were shared between the adolescents, looking to see who would have the courage to speak first. When DOYUN cleared his throat, beckoning someone to speak, MARK hesitantly went.

"Sir, we have made progress. There've - there've been less disagreements between us and-"

"But it hasn't been stopped almost completely." DOYUN snapped, causing MARK to flinch and shrink away slightly. "Do you know what that's causing?"

Nobody dared to even do so much as peep. The man frowned at them.

"It has caused way more destruction in your missions than necessary, criminals to get away unharmed, more citizens to be killed...the list goes on!"

Eyes went everywhere at that statement. To that lonely plant in the corner. To the buildings that lay beyond the large glass window of the meeting room. The few paintings that decorated the dark walls. Anywhere but DOYUN, as each member felt shame occupy their mind as he named their flaws and mistakes as a team.

They fell into another suffocating silence. It didn't last as long, but DOYUN'S following words had some of the team wishing otherwise.

"From now on, you all are suspended from going on missions until I say otherwise."

Everyone's jaws dropped in sync, quickly followed by overlapping shouting, sounds of disbelief, demanding of answers, and the like. DOYUN let them run their mouths for another moment before shouting at them to quiet down the next.

JAEMIN wouldn't have it, though.

"MISTER KIM, I'm sorry, but do you realize what you're doing?" The brown haired boy's brows scrunched up even more as he scoffed. In response, DOYUN had nodded his head in such a manner that it seemed like his decision was nothing.

"And yet here you are, complaining about our fighting causing destruction." NARI stared at the CEO with her signature uninterested gaze, but a clenched jaw. "I'm sorry, but it does not seem like you have any idea what you're doing."

"And maybe I don't," DOYUN leaned back in his chair, bringing his arms up so that his head could rest in his hands. "But what I aimed to do was create a team that this city needs. All that you are right now are fourteen individuals that would much rather prefer to work on their own, thinking that you're stronger that way. Hate to break it to you, but you're going to have to work with all these other guys - whether you hate them or not. That's why I suspended you from going out on missions."

A chair crashed to the floor, accompanied by three loud bangs on the table. "Hello?! Do you not see the bigger picture here?!" ALEX yelled. Underneath her clenched fist was a cracked table, which DOYUN was unfazed by. "Your decision of suspending us from missions will cause even more destruction than our arguing! Do you not realize that?!"

A long sigh left the man. It took a moment before he admitted, "Yes, I do. But when you're put against actual threats, and not some human waving around an otherwordly weapon which is still quite dangerous, might I add, you guys could cause a lot more destruction if you don't have your acts together by then."

A long pause. "How far?" SUMMER asked, voice barely above whisper.

"We're talking all of Korea. Maybe even all of Asia, depending on this 'threat'." DOYUN said as he leaned forward. "So I suggest you all start developing a plan on how you're going to get along before that happens."

They then left the meeting room a mess. With chairs askew, as well as a cracked table, courtesy of ALEX, and a conflicted DOYUN. That was the least of their concerns, though. The fourteen of them were all busy coming up with a plan on how they could get to the same wavelength. Because their arguing wasn't just to see who would emerge right with bragging rights and wrong with shame, but because their arguing could lead to the destruction of countries, if not all of Earth.

──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────

TAGS:
L33_JEN0
W1NKINGIE
-aesthefics
i noticed that you guys were not commenting from a certain chapter, but were quite active outside of this book!

QOTD:
Thoughts on Outcast? It was hella good I'm still shook-

UPDATES:
I might change the format of the chapters in this book because I don't likey. So, if you guys get notified about old chapters being updated don't mind that hehe. Also, the extras book won't be published until the next chapter or so - I'm sorry for pushing it back, guys!

A/N:
Lowkey this is turning into a drama lmao-
also, I promise this won't just be about these childrens' arguing. My pacing just tends to be slow to bear with me my guys.