──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────

Hearing the chatter of the returning team, the seven who remained within the headquarters turned expectantly. The other seven, who had just returned from a mission, emerged from behind pristine white walls before turning and walking over to the center of a multi-purpose room . They stopped on the large glass and metal square that filled up most of the floor, which was their training area, when a pink haired girl rushed up to them.

"How was it?". She asked. Her name was SUMMER YOKOYAMA, and her expression was a mixture of awe and curiosity as her deep red lips formed an 'o'. Adding to this was her eyes, large with wonder, as she stared at the seven costumed figures.

"It went well, thankfully," Replied a taller blonde girl with the name of PARK DAYEON. "But that was partially thanks to you guys," She added before removing her mask and placing a hand on her hip.

"They should've let me go though!" Someone argued. "It would've been faster, too, seeing how long it took you all."

A girl, her looks foreign, scoffed at the pissed off teen. "Well, at least everything went to plan, DONGHYUCK. If you'd been there, you would've-"

A male stepped in, holding up his hands as a signal for the bickering to stop. "Okay, okay, that's enough." He removed his mask-helm to reveal doe eyes and high cheekbones. Although, the dark circles under his eyes gave a heavy sort of air to him. "We got the mission done, end of story. No need to argue."

Thankfully, nobody else dared to pick up where they left off, but that didn't dispel the thick tension between the fourteen of them. Apparently, they weren't off to a great start.

After each of them received a letter from Stark Industries inviting them to the tower, now relocated to Seoul, South Korea after being taken under the ownership of KIM DOYUN, they were roped into the owner's ramble about creating a second team of heroes - similar to the Justice League. He explained what had recently been happening not only in Seoul, but across the globe as well: otherworldly weapons were now in the possession of criminals. What had used to be a regular bank robbery, something easy to take down, was becoming more challenging now that criminals had more advanced weapons in their arsenal. Each of the teens, especially those who worked as vigilantes, knew this all too well.

But that wasn't enough to convince the fourteen of them. There were questions. So many questions. Like, why were regular citizens being asked to join a team of heroes? How did the guy even discover their identities? Would they be safe now that he knew who they really were? How could they trust him?

The tirade of inquiries weren't only directed to the wealthy owner, though. Turns out, many of the kids had been acquainted beforehand, and there was much yelling between certain pairs along with, of course, questions.

But even though they were all hesitant, some more than others, they all ended up agreeing to DOYUN'S plan. And thus, the team was formed.

Let me tell you, though, that several of them regretted their life choices soon after.

Ever since they were asked - well, more like indirectly commanded - to stay in a secret dorm (which was said to be their "headquarters", but ended up feeling like a prison full of some of their least favorite people), not a day would pass without someone arguing with another. Thankfully though, leader figures, which ended up being MARK and DAYEON, were soon established due to the many arguments they irritably broke up, but even then, they grew tired of being responsible for that and ended up getting into arguments themselves. Then came in the peacemakers, which were SUMMER, ADELIN, RENJUN, and sometimes even JIWOO and JAEMIN, but everyone would always end up yelling at and roasting them (especially DONGHYUCK) for trying to be "extremely passionate hippies protesting for peace".

Essentially, they were one big mess and the fact that they got through the mission today without any serious injuries or getting caught was a miracle. And some of them finally thought that maybe, maybe this whole plan wasn't actually one big, poorly put together flop...

Until DONGHYUCK, being DONGHYUCK, thought that it was the right moment to voice his opinion.

And sure - it didn't turn into a who could yell louder than the rest challenge, but it was enough to shatter the sort of friendly atmosphere that had been created between them all.

Then, MARK took in quite the breath before finally dismissing everyone to their rooms, encouraging them all to get some rest. Because he knew that tomorrow would be a challenging day for fourteen of them, after seeing a small message appear on the bottom right corner of the screen seven members had used to assist those on the field.

Apparently, KIM DOYUN had witnessed all their arguing, and thought that team building excersizes would be a good idea for them all.

──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────

TAGS:
JAEMINISM- JAEHYUNNY PEACHYUCK
-aesthefics L33_JEN0 _vicky_dani_
(because idk if you deleted the applyfic or not hehe)

QOTD:
What are your thoughts on this team so far?

UPDATES:
This book will be under construction for a bit so if you see chapters removed or added, please don't freak out or just bear with possible update spams! I'm also planning to publish a side book to this series for organization, but it may or may not give you a closer look at the characters as well. If that happens, I'll let you guys know here. 

A/N:
Sorry it took so long to update guys! I know I really wanted to get this started but I never got around to writing the first chapter until last week or so because trying to do high school and sports at the same time fills up your schedule. I also edited this so much so that added to the long wait, but I hope it was worth it! Screentime isn't the most balanced either (as you can see a whole lot of Donghyuck in this chapter) but I promise it'll be more even as the chapters progress and our characters change and grow.