──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────

"You've got to be kidding me."

Once everyone emerged from their bedrooms, it didn't take long for them to spot a row of blindfolds displayed on a table in the middle of their training area. CHENLE was quick to investigate, speeding over to it, and may or may not have let out a shriek resembling that of a dolphin when a mini projection of KIM DOYUN appeared. It then proceeded to explain that they were to perform a team excersize whilst training which, of course, incorporated the blindfolds on the table.

Lots of groans followed.

"Do we have to though?" YEONJU'S shoulders slumped as she whined. This was quite unlike her, too, seeing that she tried to stay out of the spotlight at all times.

DAYEON crossed her arms. "If that's what was asked of us, then we will do it."

"Besides," ALEX, the girl with the foreign features, added, "We could really use something to help us be a better team because we're getting into arguments left and right and it's annoying as hell."

"Language!" RENJUN scolded, holding up a finger. ALEX stuck out her tongue out at him.

Meanwhile, JENO shook his head at the two. "Either way, ALEX is right. Let's just get this started so we can get it over with."

Two teams were formed after some time with DAYEON and MARK leading them, naturally. But, once they started picking, it ended up being girls versus boys. Just the thought of being able to show that one gender was clearly superior than the other easily hyped the fourteen of them up.

"Ready to get your butts kicked?" ADELIN smirked.

"Not unless we kick your's first!" DONHYUCK retorted, and began to stretch - while being quite extra, one might add.

And soon enough, the first match began.

DAYEON'S team elected NARI to be blindfolded first, seeing that she was their best combatant whereas on MARK'S team, CHENLE was sent in for his speed. Although, the catch to the excersize was that those going against the bot couldn't act on their own - it was only their team that could tell them what to do. What made it worse was that those fighting had blindfolds on. Quite harsh, but apparently this is what DOYUN thought would help the team be more of a team, so nobody disobeyed.

"Level 1." Said the bots once they powered on.

NARI and CHENLE adjusted their stances, the latter tensing due to his lack of vision and the whereabouts of the bot. On the other hand, NARI was fine. She could pick out where the bot stood due to its whirring from all the machinery working, and when it stood ready. She just hoped her teammates would know what to do.

"Okay," DAYEON murmured hurriedly, turning to the other girls. "We'll go in turns. Starting from me, I'll say one thing for NARI to do, and then ADELIN, ALEX, JIWOO, YEONJU, and then SUMMER will do the same. In that order. Got it?" She waited until the other girls nodded to turn back around.

By then, the bot had already charged forward, and if it weren't for DAYEON yelling, "Roll to the left!", NARI would've gotten a serious blow to the gut. As for CHENLE, he wasn't doing so hot thanks to the overlapping commands of his teammates, which confused the poor boy so much. He ended up getting struck in the torso, sending him flying back.

After several "roundhouse kicks", "uppercuts", "do a flips", and more were called, NARI was declared the winner of that round. She left with only a minor bruise on her hip from when the bot tripped her due to a slow command on JIWOO'S behalf. CHENLE was another story, though.

RENJUN left with him to the infirmary, and DAYEON and JENO were next to go.

And on and on the rounds went. MARK against ALEX. ADELIN against DONGHYUCK. JIWOO against JAEMIN. Of course, YEONJU, SUMMER, RENJUN, and JISUNG didn't participate, seeing that they had no fighting experience, but it was clear that the two teams emerged...

Evenly matched. (due to a tie from a long match between MARK and ALEX)

"Oh come on," ADELIN whined. "Their fighting techniques were so sloppy."

DONGHYUCK reeled on girl. "Look who's talking," He sassed. "I could say all that and more about the way you fight."

"You wanna go, Mr. Destruction?"

"You sure you can take me, twinkle toes?"

"Oh, do you-"

"Shut up!"

ALEX stepped between the two, barely managing to not slap them both. "You guys need to chill out because that was just some stupid team building excersize you both need to get over!"

The two turned, mouths ready to throw their white hot anger at the girl before MARK, like the guardian angel he was, stepped in once more.

"Alrighty, there's nothing more to see or do here, guys. Take a breather. And you three, please try not to rip each other's heads off."

──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────

QOTD:
How was your holiday?

UPDATES:
I'm working on the extras book for this applyfic and I decided to include short chapters about their backstories and etc. so I think y'all will enjoy it. I'm pretty sure it'll be published, along with one memory from a character's past, once chapter 3 for this book is posted.

A/N:
i'm really sorry but for the sake of the story, our poor chenle had to get beat up so hopefully i didn't trigger any of you heh-
Also, this wasn't my best writing, but I hope you guys like it either way (despite all dat violence)