ᴛᴇɴ: ᴀ ᴛᴇɴsᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

It didn't take long for (Y/n) to wake back up, seeing as the memory from a couple of hours beforehand seemed to appear in her dreams. She couldn't quite remember much, aside from this supposed 'Wilford's' face churning in confusion and anger. She let the picture of his face disappear from her mind as she sat up slightly, looking around the room that she was in.

She was no longer in the living room but was now tucked in a bed in a semi-darkened room. It was just light enough for her to see the silhouettes of the furniture around her, but not enough to get a full grasp of the room's layout. Why was she moved? Where in the mansion was she? Was she even in the mansion anymore? Who moved her?

So many questions rang through her head, but instead, she decided to investigate where she was. After all, she couldn't be too mad. She did get a pretty nice nap.

She threw the bedspread off of her body, allowing her to slowly climb out of the king-sized bed and land on the carpeted floor. She cringed slightly against the fabric, forgetting how long it had been since she had walked barefoot on carpet. Because of her allergies, she made a point to never let any part of her home be plastered with carpet. Besides, hardwood flooring was the trend now. How old was this mansion exactly?

She took careful steps as she walked across the room, making sure to adjust her eyesight to the darkness. Light was shining through the curtains of the room a little - just enough for (Y/n) to find her way to the room's door.

Cautiously gripping the doorknob, she opened up the door and glanced up and down the dimly lit hallway. She listened closely, not able to hear anything besides her own breathing and the flames flickering within the wall lamps lined down the hallway. Again, when was this place built?

"Hello?"

As she expected, no answer was given to her within several moments. She groaned, going to take a step outside of the room. But what she found was a little odd.

It seemed as if some type of invisible wall was keeping her legs from exiting the room. Funny enough, her head and arms were able to do as they pleased. She grumbled under her breath, trying to overcome the restraint as she kicked against it. It acted more like a force that pushed her back, but not enough to make her fall or hurt her.

This was obviously something that was being used to keep her inside of the room, but why? What wanted to keep her here and why? What was going on in this place?

She wasn't a skeptic of magic, curses, or the supernatural, but she was experiencing some doubt regardless. How was this able to happen? What was this thing pushing her back and why?

A chuckle faintly rang in her ears as a gentle hand placed itself on her shoulder.

"Awake, are we?"

She let out the breath she had been holding, thankful that it was just the mysteriously gray man from before as opposed to a demon or a witch trying to eat her. (Y/n) looked over her shoulder at him, her eyes soft, yet challenging.

"What does it look like?"

The lights in the room came on, causing the girl to hiss quietly as she shielded her eyes.

"Gah! You could have warned me!"

"Ah, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that your sleepy eyes were so very precious."

(Y/n) glared at the man, turning around and brushing his hand off of her as she walked back towards the bed.

"Screw off."

Dark's lips curled in amusement, following the girl's movements as she plopped down on the edge of the bed. She stared at him with reserved curiosity - a look that he was enjoying.