Academy Arc- A New Start

Chapter XVI

She rolled over on her side as she began to awaken from her sleep. Her eyes flutter open and Luciela rubbed the crust from her eyelids as she sat up in her bed. The morning light was so bright that it hurted to have it hitting her eyes. Last night plagued her dreams and she could not help to flashback to that moment. Her mind wander over to her roommate presently and her blurry eyes shifted towards the peacefully sleeping boy.

Soft breaths came from his parted lips as his chest heaved up and down. Even yet, she could not tear her eyes from him. It was strange that he looked like an angel sleeping, but from last night he looked like he was ready to jump the baby making wagon.

Her lips twitched as she slowly moved out of her bed. Luciela quietly tipped-toe closer to his bedside. Looking at his face closely, she could see clear as day the red mark on his forehead. That very mark ruined his angelic appearance now that she just seen it. Oh boy, now he looked like an innocent puppy that was abused by its owner.

Luciela inhaled bitting her lip, she felt guilty for hurting him and in the end, she found herself holding a bottle of peroxide and a cotton ball swab. She dabbed the swab in the liquid and inched her hand over his face moving his messy bangs. With a face full of anxiety, she wipe the injury and placed a bandaid over it.

"There all done" Luciela thought, she walked away from him and into her bathing room to change into her academy room. With her back turned away from him, she failed to notice his eyes opening immediately after she was closing the door.

The boy sat up silently as he touched the bandaid. His eyes shifted back towards the door and to his forehead, he wonder why she did this. He was awake way before she woke up, but he saw her looking, so he pretended to be sleeping. Her guilty face looked almost..., Leonardo deep thoughts embarrassed him even more.

"Jeez

"Jeez.." Leonardo sighs deeply and got dressed into his uniform. As soon as he stepped back into the room, his eyes met with hers. Luciela tried to burry the awkwardness she was feeling while looking at him. She laughed lightly scratching her cheek. "Well...we should get to our classes then...." She smiles as Leonardo nodded his head. "...yes of course" He said opening the door for her.

A maid and butler stood by the door with their schedules in their hands. They walked through the halls with their schedules in their hands. Nobles of different families were walking around them with their servants and going into their classes.

Luciela spotted the teacher standing in the front and she recognized some familiar faces in the crowd of students sitting at their desks. There was Lidius and Adeline sitting next to each other. Lidius looked around as Adeline was gossiping with the other females in the class. His gloomy face morphed into pure happiness as soon as he saw her.

"Lady Rosemarie! Over here, I saved you a seat" Lidius said getting up from his seat to get her attention. Luciela slightly fidgets as she walked over to the seat. Leonardo followed after her and took the seat in front of her.