"Arlo Spears. I'm not sure of a middle name yet."

He wrinkled his nose, "Arlo? Ain't that kinda fruity?"

"It's Cuban. I'm of Cuban decent you know. A lot of my father's side of the family was born and raised there."

"Aight so...I wanna change Amara's middle name.'' He said thoughtfully, scratching his beard.

I drew up my eyebrows in surprise, "What?"

"How bout Amara Solana Spears? Solana was my momma's name." He said quietly.

I grinned, tugging on his hand in order to kiss his fingertips. "I think that's prettier."

~*~*~*~*~
It was two weeks before I was admitted from the hospital. Malakai's hand was on my lower back, guiding me up the stairs of his old apartment.

"Are you ok?" I whispered.

I could tell he was nervous. It had been nearly three years since he'd last seen Jaylon and hos father.

He pressed his lips together, "I'm good babygirl."

If I hadn't known Malakai for too long, I would've actually believed him.

We made to his floor and Malakai beat on the door, making my insides jump. I didn't even realize I had both hands on my belly until the door cracked open just a bit.

It was a tiny Spanish woman with chestnut hair hanging down to her waist. Her skin was tan and smooth, with the exception of a few wrinkles on her face that signaled old age. When she spoke to us her voice was like warm honey, "Can I help you?"

Malakai gazed at her in a confused manner, "My bad, I guess-"

The door was still barely open, so we could let see the person coming up behind her, "Lucy who at the door-"

The door opened to reveal a man a bit shorter than Malakai with the same mocha complexion. His jaw was sculpted under a salt and pepper beard and his hair was curly. He was actually quite handsome.

"Malakai?" If I hadn't known better, I would think he'd seen a ghost.

Before I could comprehend, Malakai had let go of me and had his father in his grasp. "Aye pop." I heard him whisper.

For once in that three years, I felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders.

His father stood back to admire how much Malakai had grown, "you can't be doin' that shit to me, son. You got a lotta shit to explain."

Malakai just grinned and looked back at me. That's when his fathers eyes averted to me and my swollen belly. My heart dropped to my ass when he came closer to me, surprise on his face. Malakai noticed my alarm and grasped my hand again.

"This my grand baby?"

I gave him a small grin, "Yes, sir."

He looked down a minute and then looked up with glassy eyes, "You can call me Isaac."

After all the emotional drama was over, Lucy, Issac's wife, took me inside and cooked a Spanish meal that she said ran in her family. I assisted as much as I could, glad to finally be back in the kitchen.