Finale Pt. 2

Nyla

Growing up, I was always naive enough to believe that every person on this earth had a soulmate. It was a glimmer of hope in the sea of desolation and self doubt that I was constantly raised in.

Sometimes I would sit out on my fire escape and daydream about how I would encounter my other half. Maybe they inhabited my apartment complex. Maybe they were half way across the world. All I knew was that there had to be somebody out in the universe that would entwine their soul with mine and I would ultimately live to be able to cast my love towards this human being.

Now, sitting here in this hospital bed, my hope was completely diminished.

"Ma'am?"

I turned my head towards the detective that was still currently standing in my room, pen poised in front of his notepad ready to scribble down more of my traumatic experience if need be.

I cleared my throat, "What? Do you need me to recount when we fucked too?"

I saw his pale skin blush a rosy pink color, "Not at all Ms. Kohl. I just need to understand when you met Castillo and what occurred between then and now."

I knew he was just trying to do his job, but I turned my back to him anyway. "Look, like I said Castillo was just a lunatic drug dealer who chased me around the country and tried to kill my boyfriend. I don't know anything about how he operated his business, where he had any of his 'merchandise', or who he's killed."

"Right. So you were having relations with Castillo and your boyfriend at the time?"

I turned my head slowly, baring my teeth, "Yeah...and so the fuck what? How is that relevant to the fact that he was a mothafuckin' lunatic ass kingpin? The motherfucker was basically El Chapo 2.0 and you're more concerned about the fact that I was in a love triangle?

The detective quickly wrapped up the interrogation and made his way out of the door flustered.

I groaned and dug my face into the memory foam, internally sighing when I heard someone else enter my room.

I felt a warm hand caress my cheek. I gazed up into the eyes of Malakai, feeling a surge of guilt and relief all at the same time.

"You good baby girl?" He said.

"What'chu think?"

He just faintly smiled and sat down in the chair next to me. Although he had murdered Castillo just hours earlier, he didn't seem to be too fazed by it. In fact, he'd been watching over me like a hawk until the police had come to question us. I studied his eyes and for once realized that the warm brown chocolate gleam they once held was replaced by something cold and foreign.

Guilt washed over me again and I grabbed his hand, tracing it with my bony fingers. "I think I have baby names picked out."

"Yeah? What'chu thinkin'?"

I could tell he still felt some type of way about the pregnancy, but I also knew there was nothing that would tear him apart from me ever again. He would love the baby, I was sure of that.

"For a girl it would be Amara Cheyenne Spears." My heart warmed when the corners of his mouth tipped upwards slightly.

"And if it's a lil' dude?"