From the upstairs room, not too far away from the field is where the mastermind of those plan stood watching the commotion with proud eyes. 

'I've won,' he thought, 'no one can stop m-'

"Alpha, Barbaric Shadows near the border and their approaching fast!" 

Scott thought he took care of the problem with them, that obviously wasn't the case here. 

Scott followed Daniel to where Darek and a few other guards were compensating Kyle and Brian with clothes since they ran in their wolf forms here. 

"Brian! Kyle! What an entrance!" Scott tried his hardest not to sound bitter and distasteful, especially now.

"Well, we are the fastest species and the fastest of the species." Kyle joked as he and Brian shared a laugh as everyone else just forced smiles. 

'Ha, I can't wait for the fall of the Barbaric Shadows.' 

"I presume that you're here for Mrs. Marque?"

Now it was their turn to not sound distasteful, "Yeah...we're here to see Anessa." Special emphasis was placed on the name of their best friend. 

"Okay, well, follow me." 

Scott walked in front of them as a few guards walked behind as an extra precaution. 

"Any reason for your spontaneous visit?" 

Brian scoffed at his attempt to try and make conversation. 

"Can't we visit our Alpha's and more importantly, our best friend's mate's territory." Kyle destroyed the urge to smack the back of Brian's head. 

"I never said that.-" 

"Well, we're just letting you know." 

"Anyways, we just wanted to see Anessa, Scott. Her stay here was long overdue and we just wanted to ask her what the reason was in person because she wasn't answering her cell, and her mind-link was completely shut down."  

They weren't going to tell him about the messages, they had a crazy suspicion that he was the one who sent them. 

Apparently, that 'crazy suspicion' wasn't too far from the wretched truth

"Oh yeah, about that, we've been busy." 

The smirk on his face as he turned around was enough to make the both of them snarl but if only they knew what the actual meaning was. 

Their eyes roamed the inside of his pack house as they stepped through and sat down on surrounding couches an made themselves comfortable. 

"Please sit tight as I go receive my Luna from training." 

Scott had a scowl on his face ever since he exited the pack house and marched to the field where Anessa was currently sparring  with a female warrior. 

Sensing he was near, she immediately turned around and awaited his command. 

"Act like your old self, like the time when you first came here." 

With the snap of his fingers, Anessa was practically clinging to him and Scott with his right hand, wrapped it around her, occupying her waist while the other swung freely in the wind. 

As they entered, the two boys shriveled in their seats but widely smiled when the completion to their trio entered the room. 

"Ness!" They screamed loudly and pulled her out of the hands of Scott and enclosed her in a tight embrace. 

"Nessa, we missed you. How dare you not call us?! You had us worried!" 

"I'm sorry B, I've been busy with other things." 

They vigourously shook their heads, " I don't want that image in my head." 

"It's been real hectic at the pack without you as Alpha, Ness." 

"Yeah Ness, when are you returning?" 

Their conversation peaked everyone's interest. 

"I missed you guys too, I really like here though, it's where my mate is and where I should be." 

They cringed while Scott and the others smiled. 

Brian observed her neck with his eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "He hasn't marked you yet?" 

Everyone's eyes slightly widened but resumed to their previous size as she answered, "Yeah... you know how stubborn I can be. Scott's been extremely understanding and tries to control himself and well, if he doesn't, I'll rip his head off." 

They both grinned, "There's the Anessa we know." 

Their in sync voices made her smile while it made the others slightly uncomfortable. 

Three hours of training, eating and touring had tired the two out as Anessa, Scott and a few guards accompanied Kyle and Brian to the borders where they would impart with goodbyes. 

"Ness, promise you won't wait so long to call us. You really gave us a heart attack last time..." 

"Yeah Lochness monster, don't do that again." 

"Oh how I'll miss you and your wonderful nicknames." 

They hugged her one last time before they shifted into their wolf forms and zoomed through the forest at warp speeds. 

'Yeah, something is definitely wrong.

 ---

Now, how did they figure it out? 

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter and the next one is going to sort of tie everything together so look out for it. 

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment. 

See you guys in the next chapter.