Chapter 23- War and Death

I stood in shock that my best friend was being held by my worst enemy and they where right in the next room. Adrian had pulled Abby from my arm and dragged her over to a small table.

          "You need to hide they can't know that you are missing from the torture room. If a guard realizes that you are missing they will try to find you stay under this table and do not leave no matter what you hear. One of us will be back for you. Do not be scared." He reassures her as he waves her to go under the table. The small girl crawls under the white and red cloth whimpering as Adrian lets go of the cloth. It dangles and waves slowly.

              "Everything will be fine Hun." Rae had whispered to her, fear clear in her words.  We all stood in a four-way circle. Laurent peering into the room one more time trying not to get caught. He looked at me in astonishment.

         "You're a witch. You can freeze people. If I can remember the spell that Christie used, you can freeze everyone in that room except for Christie and Nora." His words where as if he thought I wasn't understanding. I watched as he tried to remember the time freezing spell. He stutters as he speaks words to me.

           "Uh, first close your eyes and imagine a clock and focus on that clocks ticking and then say the spell. Time stand still, I order you. No minute's pass until I'm through doing what I must do. Time stand still, I order you. There Is a clock there above the big chair." He points to the queens table and chair as I notice a wooden self-winding clock plastered to the wall. The clock read that it was two forty- seven in the afternoon. The golden bell inside the glass window swayed back and forth as the second hand clicked around. I stare at the clock for a moment and then close my eyes tight imagining the same clock on the wall I spin around to Laurent eyes still closed.

"Time stand still, I order you. No minute's pass until I'm through doing what I must do. Time stand still, I order you." I repeat this until everything turns quiet. When I open my eyes, I realize I had froze time and Laurent and Rae had froze with it. I glance at a none froze Adrian who was staring at the two-unmoving people in front of him.

"It didn't freeze you?" I asked in confusion as he looked at me with a smile.

"Because I am not part of this world. I am from the heavens. Creatures form the earth; their powers do not work on me. Come hurry." He grabs my arm and pulls us both into the lobby room. Looking around I notice every guard, wolf and vampire that fill the room are froze in their spots. I look over to see my best friend with a shocked expression as she runs to me and wraps me in a warm hug.

"You did this?" She asks me as she pulls from me and smiles widely. I reply with a nod.

Clapping is heard from the single throne chair. Three stairs lead to a platform where the Queen and my father sit. My father is also stuck in space as his face has a worried expression. The red carpet we stand on leads to the queen's throne as I walk up it impatiently.

"Congratulations dear. You have stopped me from killing your beloved wolf friend here. Your powers are truly remarkable!" Her voice echoes in the large room. I look in front of her to see Liam in his wolf form, his long face snarling at a guard with a long sward held over his head. My timing was very close as my friend was almost murdered. Adrian moves in front of me as his skin begins to rip from his back, soon enough revealing those beautiful white wings. He flies up into the air, swooping down and moving Liam's wolf body away from the guard and sword landing him next to the large double wooden doors that I hope lead out of this castle. The queens booming laugh wakens my soul.

"If you are here to kill me my dear it wont work. I am immortal you can't kill me."

"I just want my friends back and I want to be able to leave. You don't need me, and you will never have me. Let my friends go." I reply as her smirk widens and her teeth become sharp. Her body spinning, and dark black wings jet out of her back. She lands quickly in front of me with teeth bare and as she hisses at me, I show no fear but deep down if I had a heart it would be racing.