Ch. 3-My New Beginning

Christie and I had finished our breakfast when I saw a girl with long brown hair and the brightest hazel eyes I have ever seen, walk into the shop. She had a rocking body. She had on a green low cut shirt with a black blazer, jeans and black high heeled boots to her knee. I couldn't stop staring.

"Christie, who is that??" I asked with a curious expression on my face. Her head shot up and she looked at the girl and gave her a smile that touched her eyes.

"Rae! Over here!" She waved her hand in the air motioning her to come over. The girl walked over swaying her hips a little too much to try to impress whoever but she was pretty hot. She got to our table sitting next to Christie.

"Whose your friend, Christie. She smells good." She smiled at me while chewing her gum in a seductive way. My expression blank.

"Rae, I found her. This is Karlie. Nora's great granddaughter." Christie said with a wide smile and they both looked at me. If smiles could kill I'd be having a heart attack. I couldn't help but wonder who Nora was and how they new I was her great granddaughter. Rae was looking at me until she reached for me as I pulled away a little nervous.

"Relax honey, I just want to see your face." She touched my hair moving it out of my face. "Wow. I didn't think Christie would ever find you. So are you going to help us?"

I gave an awkward look at Christie. She was just looking at me and then started to speak.

"Shhh. I haven't told her yet. I felt like your more blunt and that you could help me tell her. I don't want her to freak out."

"Okay, someone needs to tell "her" since I'm right here and you are acting like I'm invisible. What's going on Christie?" I asked starting to get a little freaked out and annoyed from the staring.

"Well. We aint saying shit in here Christie," Rae looked around with a serious face. People started coming in through both doors. I looked outside and there was a bus and a bunch of people getting off of it.

"We need to go somewhere private. Come on." Rae got up to lead the way and started walking out of the shop as Christie got up to follow. I grabbed my coffee cup that I didn't finish and threw it away as I walked out of the double doors with them.

We headed into an alley way with a bunch of guys who kept staring at us. As we walked past them. They kept whistling and making very inappropriate gestures toward us as Rae swung her hips and licked her lips at them. One guy kept grabbing his crotch and puckering his bottom lip out. Idiot. I found myself lacking behind Christie and Rae and rushed to catch up with them. We had reached the end of the alley and Rae looked up at a ladder that was right to the left of us. It connected to several apartments.

"Christie? What should we do? Go to the apartment or go to the roof?" She smiled at Christie who looked at me and smiled as Rae jumped up four steps. "The roof it is! Come on!" she proclaims as she climbs up the rest in a very fast motion without one mistake.

"If we where going to go to the roof why didn't we take the other steps?" Asked Christie.

"Because this way is more fun!" Rae yelled down from the roof.

"Your kidding right?" I said as I stepped on the first three steps. My worst fear was falling a long distance and planting myself into pavement.

"Christie, have you done this before?" I asked as I took a couple more steps not realizing we where very high up atleast 20 feet. I started to tremble.

Christie just laughed and kept going. I started to feel the wobble of the ladder as we reached the loosened part of it. At this point I thought I was going to have a panic attack. Rae was at the top as she was helping Christie onto the roof. They both looked at me with grins on their faces. When I shakily got to the top they helped me get from the last step of the ladder to the ledge of the roof and I had to jump to get across. My foot slipped from the edge of the roof and suddenly I was dangling from Rae and Christie's hands. As I looked down I could see people walking the streets and could swear I was atleast 100 feet off the ground. They pulled me up in a swift motion and I was on my feet again with my heart beating out of my chest.