Chapter Three

~ Ethan's POV ~
I walked down the aisle of lockers, heading towards the closest school exit. When I walked out I caught sight of Skylar sitting on the prickly grass, leaning against the schools solid brick walls. I shrugged and walked to her. She stared up at me and I stared down at her. I gave her a friendly smile and sat down next to her. The first few minutes were filled with silence. Then I spoke, breaking the silence.

"How was your first day here? Sorta boring?" I asked her, shrugging some more.

"I-It was okay, High school isn't as bad as I first expected." Skylar replied, she tried to hide her light red face in her sweater.

I was confused, She seemed to get like this every time we spoke to each other. For a second I thought she liked me, then I shrugged and said to myself, Nah. Must be the anxious moments of the first day of high school.

I stood up, "You wanna hang out for a bit? It's not too fun just sitting here all day." I gave her another smile, but this time, a smaller one.

She stopped hiding her face and stared up at me, "S-Sure." She replied.

"Hey there, no need to be nervous, you'll get used to things." I kept my small smile on my face. I put out my hand, offering to help her up.

She accepted my offer and took my hand. I gently pulled her onto her feet. Her face turned slightly more red. I ignored her red face. We started walking off to the park, talking to each other as we went along. Skylar seemed to get more comfortable, her face wasn't red, she spoke more often, and she was actually a pretty fun person. Soon enough, we became good friends.

When we reached the park, We both sat down at a river bank not far from a playground near by. We stared at the setting sun as the lovely shades of multiple colored mixed together, making an ombré effect.

"Sun sets are beautiful, don't you think?" Skylar asked me, as she kept staring into the distance.

"Yes. Very, Sunsets remind me of peace somehow." I replied to her.

"Such a lovely combination of colors." Skylar said, continuing to stare into the distance.

We both kept staring into the distance until I felt Skylar's warm hand touching mine. My face turned red-ish as I immediately turned my head to face her. Her facial expression was the same as mine. Her face was once again red. We both pulled out hands away from each other. Then we started to laugh. Our faces went back to normal, although we were obviously laughing awkwardly. But everything was perfectly fine. It was good to have a new friend.

~~~~ Authors Notes ~~~~

Sorry for not making more chapters lately, we've been busy a lot (Ray does most of the writing as you can see!) But I will be trying to finish this without getting bored. (I don't get bored, just lazy...)