Chapter 1: New Beginning, Different Me

Start from the beginning

Although I would never tell him that.

That's just like willingly setting myself up for endless teasing for the next time I say something stupid. But I could almost understand why all the girls at our high school was in love-lust with him. Almost.

Need I say anymore than the fact that I live with him? Ugh, save me from the pigsty of teenage boys.

"I know I'm hot, sister of mine but we wouldn't want to travel down that road now do we?" Seth smirked and raised an eyebrow.

I flushed.

"Get the hell out of my room!" I snapped, throwing my alarm clock this time.

He laughed and easily caught it while sauntering out of my room with a "toodle-loo" (he is so weird sometimes), leaving me blinking furiously awake, most likely deaf, and more than likely with a birds nest that I sadly called hair. As I got up to go to the bathroom, I realized one thing.

I spoke too soon.

There was nothing likable about him.

~~*~*~*~*~~

Brushing my hair, I stared critically at myself in the mirror. A slim petite girl approximately 5'2 with caramel colored eyes and wavy long auburn hair stared back at me. My skin was clear and just the perfect tan. And my figure was not bad if I do say so myself.

I flash an open smile at the mirror. Teeth were nice and white.

My movements slowly stopped as leaned forward and continue to stare at myself.

It's been more than 2 years now when Ian and Rosa Michaels had found me half-dead in a ditch. They had immediately brought me to the nearest hospital while Ian, a local doctor had tried to keep me responding to him.

I had been saved barely in time. But saved nonetheless.

Must be such a pity. I smirked humorlessly at myself and watch the girl looking back at me do the same thing.

It had been there at the hospital that my bruises (old and new), the internal injuries, and broken bones were discovered. I was proclaimed an abused child and the police were almost informed before I woke up and was able to stop them. Although it was the most logical reason, I hadn't wanted the police to be informed. For some reason, every cell in my body had rebelled and screamed against getting them involved and I had threw a huge fit that resulted in me having to be caught and mildly sedated.

The other reason was the simple fact that I couldn't remember a single freakin' thing about myself or my past life. And when I said nothing, I meant nothing.

Nada.

Zilch.

Zipo.

Well, except for the word, "Angel" which we all had unanimously summarized must be my name.

Ian, who became my doctor, had told me that despite all of my injuries, I did not have a head injury severe enough that was capable of triggering amnesia. They therefore, concluded that I was unconsciously suppressing my own memories to not remember. I remember staring at Ian with stunned and horrified eyes because what could have been so horrible as to make me to actually want to forget my whole existence?

While I had been gradually recuperating, Rosa and Seth Michaels, Ian's wife and son had stayed and visited me the whole time I was in the hospital and both of them had quickly became my support and friends. At first I was instinctively wary of them which I guess was to be expected with the years of abuse I had endured.

Like when I officially met and saw Ian when he was visiting me on one of his day off. The girl in the mirror smiled back at me. Seeing me finally awake, he had raised his hand in greeting to me but before he could say anything, I was already flinching and backing away from him, thinking that he was about to hit me. When I saw the flash of anger that appeared in his eyes at my actions, I had immediately thought that it was at me instead of for me and immediately started bawling my eyes out with fear.