Chapter 8

Stiles POV

      I drove us to the Beacon Hills Preservation to go look for this other half of the body.

     “Do we even know what half of the body we are looking for?” Scott said taking a puff of his inhaler for his asthma.

      “No, I didn't think about that…” I reply

      “What if whatever killed the girl is still out here,” he said falling behind.

      “I didn't think of that either.”

      “Good to know you gave this your usual attention to detail,” he replies referring to all the other antics i dragged him into.Then something in the woods growled. I'm not sure what it was, but it was huge and had glowing red eyes. It was running after something and then stopped when it saw us.

      For a second it just stared at me for a little while with its eyes wide it started walking toward me slowly. I for some reason couldn’t move, not until it finally noticed Scott and it started growling again. That's when Scott and I both ran, not wanting to find out what it wanted with us and I ended up losing him.

       While looking for him, I saw something on the ground. I went up to it, it was the body... well half of the body. I couldn't stop looking at her face... She look so familiar but I don't know where I've seen her before. Looking at her made my head pound like I'm trying to remember an old dream.

      It was only a few minutes before my staring was interrupted. There was a flashlight heading in my direction.. damn I thought.. I'm in so much trouble if I get caught. I ran and tried hiding. But it was too late they caught me before I got to hide.

     “ Wait! This delinquent is mine,” i heard my father say, “Where's your partner in crime?”

      “Who Scott? Oh, uhh, he said something about not wanting to come. Tryouts are tomorrow so he wanted to get home for a good night's sleep.”

      “Yeah? Okay well let's get you home and in bed too, where you belong.”

    Derek’s POV

     I was at the lacrosse field offering the bite to Isaac to make him part of my pack. Well for when I finally find who the alpha is now, kill him, and take his power. Already having a pack will help me take him down. I was just finishing up telling Isaac where to meet me for the bite when I heard something from long ago…. a voice… and when I looked my suspicions were confirmed…

     It was Stiles! I couldn't believe it! Here he is, after so many years. I went looking for him not long after I told him to leave me alone. I was so worried… I'm glad to see he is okay but… I don't even know if he would want to see me.. I have to go now before he sees me.. I tell Isaac I have to leave and run off into the woods by the field.

     I ran back to my house. I still have flashbacks of the fire, my uncles screams, his burnt face with almost lifeless eyes on the stretcher. I should visit him in the hospital later. He's been there ever since, in a vegetative state, unable to move by himself for years. I try to plead with him to move, even just a finger and I never get anything.

     I go inside and take off my jacket and shirt. I turn on the stereo and start working out. Pull ups one of the exposed beams of the house, Push ups on the ash-covered floor, first with two hands, then only one then switching hands for each.

     After that I clean myself up get dressed and then head to the hospital to see my uncle. I get to the hospital and head straight for his room I know where it is by heart now. His nurse was just leaving his room and she softly greeted me and I said hello back. I walked into the room to see him in a wheelchair facing the window.

                    Stiles POV

      As soon as I got to school, I went to find Scott. I found him not too long after getting there, he was outside the building looking around.

     “Scott what the hell happened to you last night?” I asked.

     “Dude you left me, I lost my inhaler and that thing attacked me,” Scott said.

     “What do you mean attacked you?” I asked.

     He lifted his shirt up some to show me this large bandage that was soaked with blood.

     “Holy shit! Did you get a good look at it? What was it?” I asked.

     “I don't know! It kinda looked like an overgrown wolf.” Scott said

      “Maybe you'll become a werewolf now,” I said jokingly.

      The bell rang and we went to class. That would be so cool to have a best friend that's a werewolf, but they don't exist...

Derek POV

     I sit on the bed and turn Peter to face me. I didn’t really know what to say so I started with the thing that's been on my mind ever since it happened…

    “I saw Stiles today, in human form,” I said just above a whisper, “He looked happy. He had a friend even. Probably his new best friend. And here I am all alone. Laura is dead, Stiles left and now has a happier life. I need your help. If you can hear me, I need you to give me a sign. Blink, raise a finger, anything, jus-just something to point me in the right direction.”

    I look up at my uncle's face to see if there was a reaction. But, of course there wasn’t.

      “Someone killed Laura, your niece, Laura. Whoever he is, he's the alpha now. But he’s one without a pack. Which means he’s not as strong,” I tell him choking on my words, “I can take him. But I have to find him first,” I say trying to convince myself more than him.

      “Look if you know something, give me a sign. Is it one of us? Did someone else make it out of the fire?” I start to get upset because I’m not getting anywhere, “Just give me anything! Blink! Raise a finger! Just anything!” I stand up and grab the sides of his wheelchair and yelled, “Say Something!”

      I then hear the nurse yell at me saying, “Let Him Go!” I turn around to face her she then says, “You think after six years of this, yelling at him is going to get a response?”

“You got a better method?” I ask her.

“Patience. He'll respond if you give him the time.”

“I don't have anymore time,” I tell her and with that I walk out of the hospital to go back to my burnt house alone with no answers. When I get to my car, I find a paper on my windshield.

When I open it, I am stunned by what was on it. I rushed into my car and sped away from the hospital and back home.