"Woah. Is it about you and Michael?"

I nod my head. Sadly, there's more, but I don't know if I should tell her. These past three days have been trash for me. I haven't felt this much remorse since being with Donnell.

"We broke up." I bite my lip to fight back the tears.

"Aw girl," Paige sympathizes with me while grabbing my hand,"It's gonna be okay. You and Michael loved each other. What happened?"

"I still love him but I think he hates me," tears trickle down my face,"Because I'm not ready to get married, he exploded, we got into and argument and then he ended it."

"Shit girl. Excuse my language, but Michael made a big ass mistake," Paige begins,"Not ready for marriage doesn't mean you can't be together. Maybe he was in the moment and didn't know how to react."

I shrug,"I haven't heard from him in a couple of days."

"So call him? Roll up to his house? Like damn sis, fight for this relationship!" Paige exclaims in frustration.

"It's not that simple, Paige!" I cover my face in shame as I recall the incident.

"What you mean?" She asks tugging at my hands.

I put my hands down and sigh.

"I did something so stupid. Like, I can't believe I did that myself...."

Paige looks at me and waits for what I'm about to say.

"I slept with someone Michael despises after we broke up, and if he found out, he'd never take me back."

Paige face twists up in surprise.

"Woah wait...who did you sleep with?"

I peek up at her then look down at my lap.

"Professor Rogers." I whisper while turning a deep red.

Paige gasps,"Are you serious?"

"Would I make something like that up?"

Paige pauses as she thinks of some words to say.

"You got feelings for him?"

"What? No!"" I answer rather too quickly.

Paige looks on at me in skepticism and sighs. I was much reassuring myself than her.

"You gotta take this one step at a time... Reach out to Michael, girl."

"When I'm ready. Right now, I'm really confused and lost. I need time."

I don't know how Michael would react to this, but I know he wouldn't be happy. My insides have been flip-flopping for days.

"Well, I'm here for you sis." She takes my hand and gives it a squeeze.

I squeeze back and give a her small smile.

Michael
The front doorbell rings as I dry my hands after washing the dishes after dinner. I check the Wall clock. 7:05. Imani is in the living room watching TV.

"Who's that?" Imani jumps up and runs to the front door,"Mommy?!"

"Mani, what did I tell you about running to the front door when it rings?" I look down at her,"I check. Not you."

She crosses her arms in annoyance and sits on the stairs. With a peek out the door, I see that it's Kylie. I chuckle when I notice her fixing her hair and applying lip gloss to her lips. Opening the door, she smiles.

 Opening the door, she smiles