Chapter VI

Fallon
"Morris..." I say back without emotion.

What the hell is he doing here? He stares at me with a smirk and I stare back in disgust. I've been going to his class, but I've been avoiding him and ignoring him for the sake of myself. He's trouble.

"Morris, baby," a lady with a southern accent says.

The lady, his wife, slides in next to him with some lacy black lingerie in her hands. She "ewks" me and rolls her eyes. Okay, what did I do?

"Darlene," Morris opens his mouth,"This is Fallon, one of my best students. Fallon, this is my wife Darlene."

Huh? What is he up to? I nod my head politely, give her a smile and say hello. Darlene forces a smile and says "hi". She remembers me from the last encounter in the IHOP parking lot.

"Baaabeee," she drags like an annoying child,"Come see how this looks on me."

She tugs on his arm but his eyes are glued to mine. Morris finally gives in and always himself to be pulled away. Gabrielle comes up to me with her hands full.

"Fallon," she begins,"What's wrong?"

I shake my head,"Morris is in here with his wife. We got to go."

She scrunches her face up,"I want to buy the stuff first!"

I fold my arms and shake my head,"We can come back another time."

I know I'm being childish, but I don't feel comfortable here anymore. She groans in annoyance while giving her things one last look.

"So just like that?" She asks throwing her shopping bag down on a random counter.

We walk out of the store and down to the Louis Vuitton store downstairs. I try to distract myself and buy a new coat while Gabrielle picks up some shoes.

Later On
Gabrielle drops me off at my place after we finish shopping. Now Michael. Compared to Gab, I bought nothing. As I walk down the hallway with my bags, I notice the light in my apartment is on. Michael.

I unlock the door to my place and walk in. Michael is in my kitchen cooking with a t-shirt and jeans on.

"Hey baby. You're surprised?" He asks looking at me.

I smile and nod,"You decided to cook at my place?"

"Why not? You deserve it."

"I'll be right back."

I walk to my bedroom and throw the shopping bags on my bed for me to deal with later. When I walk into the hallway, the sound of pans falling on the floor cause me to jump.

"Michael!"

"Sorry!" He yells back.

He's always dropping pots. I walk into the kitchen that smells of food frying and kiss Michael's cheek.

"What you cooking?" I ask him.

"Fried shrimp, my grandma's Spanish rice, and veggie medley." He replies simply.

Michael looks at me and smiles.

"Perfect. Don't burn down my apartment." I say while swiping an already fried shrimp and popping it in my mouth.

Mmmmm. It's good.

"Can you grab some plates and cups and set up the table?" He asks,"Dinner is just about ready."

I nod and do what he asks. Michael is acting pretty normal considering the fact that he told me we needed to "talk". He comes out with the food and I sit down while he puts down the food. I wait till he's seated to eat.

He says a quick prayer over the meal for us both than we dig in. The first couple of minutes are quiet as we focus on our food.

"Fallon, I've been meaning to talk to you." He says breaking the silence.

I gaze at him. He's so good-looking.

"Me too," I say with a sigh.

"You go first." He suggests.

I grab a napkin in nervousness. I never planned what I was going to say to him.

"Michael, I love you, and you know that,"I begin,"You know what I've been through and you've helped me through so much. I can't thank you enough."

He puts his fork down and looks at me oddly.

"Are you breaking up with me?" He asks with hurt in his voice.

"What? Of course not, baby!" I exclaim.

He nods,"Then what?"

"I've been thinking about us lately.... Do you think we're rushing into marriage?" I say spitting it out.

He scratches his forehead as he thinks deeply.

"Babe, I knew you were the one since we first started to get to know one another. I couldn't wait another second. Why are you having these second thoughts?" He asks.

"Because... I don't know." I lie,"We don't really talk about it."

"If you aren't ready, we can cancel the wedding. I'd have no problem with that." He says but I know he doesn't want to do that.

"No, Michael. I want to be your wife." I say firmly.

He reaches over and grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze. His light eyes bore into mine.

"Well, you shouldn't be distant when something comes up. You have to talk to me, Fallon." He says.

"I know, Mike. I won't do it again."

"Is there something that you're keeping from me?" He asks.

He knows I'm holding back something. Am I that readable?

"Yes..."