Chapter 65

Previous trivia: Who does Emi confide in the most?

Answer: Jiro

Ryuu isn't the type to sit calmly and listen, instead he'll just tell you to stop complaining and actually do something about your problems.

Shin is an amazing listener and an extremely wise person overall, but his way of comforting someone isn't by talking. He'll provide his presence and offer an ear to your problems but will let you decide what to do about them.

Emi confides in Jiro the most because the energetic blond will listen and provide opinion. He knows when to make Emi laugh and when to be serious about it. He know how to read Emi and figure out if something is wrong just by looking at her.
~~~~~~~~~~

"I wonder why Jiro isn't back yet." I hummed from my place at the bed.

About half an hour had passed since we'd heard from the blond, simply assuming he was dealing some business with Madam A. It was very unlike him, but none of the elites wanted to bother him if the matter was important.

"He never left Madam's office. He's probably still there." I heard a soft, clear voice say absentmindedly, not needing to look up to know it was Ryuu.

He was sprawled at the foot of my bed, thin pale fingers fumbling with some strands of my hair as he interlaced them together in an attempt to figure out the science of braids. More than a few times he had naughtily pulled a bit too hard, or huffed in annoyance and dropped everything, only to grab the strands again upon realizing he had nothing better to do.

"I can choke a person with their own organs in five seconds, but I can't make a damn braid." He grumbled.

"I bet Shin knows how to make braids. He knows everything." I whispered, my gaze flickering to the coal haired boy who'd barely made it to the bed before collapsing into a deep slumber half an hour ago.

"It wouldn't surprise me." A light laugh escaped his lips before his eyes fell on the object between my hands.

I had been staring at the Trinity Reaper for a couple if long minutes, twisting and turning it as I tried to figure out what sort of improvements could I possibly make to an already prefect creation.

"It makes your head go boom." I repeated the blond's words, giggling at the curiosity that sparked the pair of bright lilac eyes.

"It's a liquid kind of bullet that explodes when it touches the RC cells in your blood, or something like that. It's silent and has no recoil, but Jiro still wants me to improve it. I don't know what to add." I sighed in defeat, my body unconsciously leaning against the older boy's fingers as he brushed through my hair.

"What are you looking to improve first?"

I sighed in defeat. "Jiro still hasn't taught me how to make these kinds of bullets, so for now I'll stick to the weapon structure. I still don't know how it'll react on a living person since I've only used it on walls and dummies."

My eyes wandered from the small weapon to the coal haired boy sleeping a few feet away, finally landing on a path of bright lavender.

Ryuu's naturally fluffy hair was messy and stuck out in weird angles. He always seemed to carry a light shade of darkness under his eyes, but his bags had gotten worse because of the incident with Shin. Sometimes I would still catch him hovering over the older's bed, not bothering or speaking, just observing the steady rises of his chest just to make sure Shin was alright. Despite his strong composure everyone could tell Shin was still in pain.

Unconsciously my hand traveled to my neck, fingers pressing lightly against the K that was held by the thin chain. Ryuu noticed my movements, following my fingers with his piercing gaze as I let the necklace drop against my neck.