Chapter 11

Inside my cell, Mama growled and I felt a stinging sensation on my left cheek. Mama's hand smacked me so hard that the chair I was tied to fell to the side with me in it. My body collided with the cold, dusty floor and I let out a yelp.

Pain shot across my shoulder, where Rei's knife had previously entered. I sucked in a breath of air to keep from screaming as Mama yanked the chair upwards and set it back on it's place. Across the room, on the other cell, I could see Rei's figure. He was sitting in a corner with his knees against his chest, staring at the wound I had left on him. He caught my stare for a split second before looking away.

The sound of metal colliding against the floor got my attention and I looked in front of me. Rows of small knives lined the floor around my feet. Each blade was about three inches long.

I felt the ropes around me loosten, and Mama ordered me out of the chair. I did as told and stood up, my gaze remaining on the knives on the floor.

"Who do you think won today?"

It took me a while to realize she was talking to me. I looked away from the melee weapons on the floor and fixed my eyes on her disgusting smirk.

"I-I don't know," I whispered.

Smack

The force of Mama's hand made my head turn to the other side. I felt my eyes burning and knew I was soon going to cry, but I refused to let my tears show.

"Wrong answer, I'll ask you again. Who do you think won today?" she repeated slowly this time. The smirk on her face was replaced with a scowl. My eyes flickered to Rei's cell before answering.

"Both of us," I answered.

Mama remained silent for a few seconds, a thoughtful expression on her face. She brought her hand to her chin and rubbed on the neck blubber that excessively accumulated on her body. I scrunched my nose up and looked away.

"Well, I guess both of you can receive a special surprise," she said after a while and winked at me. She exited my cell and opened Rei's. My eyes widened when Mama entered my cell again, Rei's hand clutched tightly inside hers. She pushed him towards me, making him crash against my body and both of us tumbled to the floor.

I caught a glimpse of the pink tattered dress Rei had on. It was stained with blood here and there, some stains looked older than others. My own dress held the same appearance.

"Since you both won, you'll have to share!" Mama said. She grabbed my clothes and yanked me up by the collar of my dress. I dangled in the air for a few seconds until she dropped me. I landed with clumsy steps, but managed to regain my balance.

"Take one," she pointed towards the stack of knives. The knot in my stomach got tighter as I bent down and grabbed one. I turned to Mama just in time to see her tying Rei to the chair I was previously in.

"Come here," she said. I walked over to her, my shaky knees almost failing me.

"The game is called 'how many knives can you stick before he faints' and you're the only player. So start," she instructed.

My breath hitched and I dropped the knife in my hand.

"N-No, no, no, no," I kept repeating as I took steps back. The stinging in my eyes was back again, but I still refused to let the tears out.

I felt a grip on my shoulder and Mama pushed me in front of Rei. She grabbed the knife and handed it to me.

"There will be consequences if you can't do it," she growled.

"But I can't!"

"Sure you can. Like this," she said and yanked the knife from my hand. In one swift motion she brought it behind her back and let it propel straight into Rei's upper thigh. My eyes widened and I looked at Rei's face. His eyes were as wide as mine, but tears streamed down his face. He gasped in pain and his lip trembled.

"I don't like that. I want you screaming," Mama said, rotating the blade in a circle. She smirked at Rei's piercing scream, while all I could do was bring my hands up to cover my ears. It was useless, I could still hear Rei's shrieks no matter how hard I pressed on my head.

"It's your turn," Mama handed me a knife. I shook my head and refused to grab it. She growled and forced my hand open, shoving the knife inside it.
"B-But Mama! We both won! Why is he the only one getting the punishment!" I cried fiercely, tears lined my eyes, but they were yet to spill.

"Surprise, not punishment," she corrected. "And by doing this, Rei is getting a physical surprise while you get a psychological one," she smirked.

"But I don't want to do it!"

"I don't care, you little brat!" she growled, grabbing my hair and bringing me closer to Rei's body. Mama gripped my hand, the one that was holding the knife, and yanked it down with force, piercing the skin on Rei's arm. I pulled my hand away and stared at it. Just like my breath, my hands were shaking. Fresh blood stained them, but it wasn't mine, it was Rei's blood all over them.

My lip trembled as I stared wide eyed at my bloody hands, the first tear slipping down my cheek, after I had promised I would not show my tears. It landed on my right hand, leaving a white spot where my pale skin showed.

"Do it, or I'll make sure he suffers more than he needs to," Mama growled.

He doesn't need to suffer for anything!

I screamed those words in my head. My insides boiling with anger. My expression soon changed to fear when Mama's hand pushed the knife deeper into Rei's arm. He writhed in agony, a stream of blood escaping the wound.

"Stop!" I yelled.

"The only way to make me stop is for you to grab a knife and do it for me," She chuckled.

"M-Mama!" Rei's agonizing scream sent shivers down my spine as I raced to the pile of knives, grabbing one and running towards him.

"I-I'm so sorry," I whispered and brought the knife behind my back, letting it swing forward and spear Rei on his thigh, right next to the other knife. He howled in pain as I stepped back, the knot in my stomach was unbearable.

Blood from Rei's wound splattered on my face. The smell was so sickening, almost worse than the expression on his face. It held pure agony. His body shook violently, streams of saliva trailed down his chin, mixing with the tears and dropping to his legs, where they combined with the blood and traveled all the way to the puddle on the ground.

Before I knew it I was bent forward, emptying my guts on the floor. The bad smelling contents stained my bare feet and mixed with the pool of blood forming on the floor.

"You're both so weak. It's pathetic," Mama spat. "Now finish your job," she growled.

I wish I could say Rei fainted after the eighth or ninth knife. But that was far from the truth. That day I realized how strong he truly was...

Because after the 116th knife, he was still screaming.

________
Very very late update!! There were not enough comments so I had to xD.

I hope you enjoyed this one though. The chapters after this circus will be a bit different, you'll know soon enough.

Anyway don't forget to vote and comment. Author needs love!!

Same goal for votes & comments!

-Yolo c: