I watched from where I was, trying to get a peek and she noticed.

"come 'ere" she waved me over and I did as told, the lists read 'died' 'purgatory' and 'to die' on the top of them.

"look at this one" she spoked her finger at the 'to die' list, I squinted to read what she was point at.

Max Silver is to die by leaning against a railing.

I gulped a bit scared as I watched her trace a line through it while I took a few steps back, leaning against the railing of the roof, just like the lists predicted it gave out under my weight but I remained balanced by flailing my arms and didn't fall off.

"you see this, tracing out your name is what saved you from another almost death" she told me as she wrote things on her other two lists after watching her cross my name out a few more times on the 'to die' list. "I don't know what's with you and death literally lurking around each corner, yes I do speak of myself in the third person since sometimes I am not referring to my exact person when I speak of death"

"maybe it's because of what Hades said, I wasn't blessed by him but by death and he just lent me some of his power as I'd have been unable to learn about death's powers without anyone to help me"

"might be why, I never thought that might be the case"

I stood next to her, watching every little move she did who she send to hell, to heave or simply onto another life, morbid curiosity pushing me to watch, after all it is not everyday that you met Death without being dead.

"yes, I am able to kill a god if so I wished" I answered my hundredth question that came to mind in the last ten minutes.

"but they are immortal, how?"

"I still can, all those that are alive and have a soul can die and they have both of them too"

"you threatened one of your reapers on the first day of school you had with us"

"the winged reapers are neutral human souls that I can't sort in any place, not even a next life so they become winged grim reaper while the other have life in them but no real soul.... it would be like turning off a machine, it won't kill the machine if they are turned off so they won't die either it was more for show that I said that"

"that's neat but come on tell me why are you so hellbent on keeping me alive, shouldn't death want contrary? as much death as is possible"

"I already told you.... it's for me to know and you to find out" I sighed at that, she always said that.

"isn't all this boring? being death and all? you could snap and all would be dead, not even gods are a match to you, you already told me about what happened to your pair, to Life, but they will not be able to stop you like they did with them"

"I don't wish to do any of that..... and yeah it can boring sometimes, the human lifespan is a mere drop in my own"

"..... what...... what will happen when life on earth is gone?"

"I'll be gone as well with the last souls that are left"

"which are?"

"the gods...... the gods would be last to leave this world, heaven and hell will vanish and nothing will be left after the last soul is no more..... but that is not for a long time even for me so try to keep yourself alive okay? I don't need more stupid reasons like when you downed a bottle of bleach to prove you are 'immune' to death's grasp, girl I made so many compromises and many more to keep you all good and without any problem from that" I chuckled softly, her pissed face was funny looking.

"your family is really a though piece to crack"

"well all of us Silver's cut from the same tough cloth"

"Max..... I was supposed to kill your brother in that arena with my own hands" I shut up at that, she was what... "I don't know which god promised and what was promised to Hades for him to go behind my back and stopping it but I tell you, you and him are a huge bug in the system, him cause he wouldn't die and you because you constantly risk death.

"maybe it is because he lived that I took his part of the burden of death and not only because you are the one that gave me my powers"

"that could play a role in it too I admit" she made the lists disappear leaving me to stare in too nothing "I need to go, even death need her beauty sleep"

"will you still remain? even tho I know you are Death?"

"yep, I have my reasons to be but don't tell others about me, they probably wouldn't believe you but we never know so called me Eath unless w are in private"

"that wasn't a really clever name"

"..... yeah I know, I am not the best with names, welp I better be going now" she leaned and kissed my cheek before vanishing.

I turned bright red with smoke coming out of my ears...... not literally but still, I brought a hand up to touch the cheek she kissed, making me blush even more.

my eyes went wide when something important downed on me.

"do I have a crush on death herself?!" I screamed to myself while grabbing my hair, oh shit this is going to fuck up things even more!