Chapter 18- The Cult of Sarah

Start from the beginning

"Well," she threw her arm around me," we didn't have anything anyway."

Everyone let out nervous laughter.

"Wait," one of the girls furrowed her brows at titled her head at me," Weren't you with him on this? You were gonna dump Sarah too, weren't you?"

I stared at them unsure of what to say. "I-"

Sarah rubbed my back. "It's okay. Gretchen had an episode after she screwed him too."

Gretchen bowed her head.

I felt her embarrassment along with nausea. I had given my body to someone I barely knew because I was desperate.

"You'll get over him," Sarah touched my hair.

The girl glared at me.

I gave her a fake smile trying not to seem like I hated her. Which I freaking did. I wasn't competing for a seat by Sarah. Unlike them, I didn't have to. She hated me enough to have to pretend so hard that she liked me, that she kept me at her side at all times. I was waiting for her to tell me to go away but for some reason, she kept me around.

"By the way," she smiled at me," Winston is having a little get together tonight for his birthday. You need to be there, okay?"

I looked at the group. I didn't know who the hell Winston was.

One of the eight guys waved at me.

"I'm Winston," he said with a lisp.

"Oh," I have him a quick smile. "It's your birthday? Happy Birthday."

He blushed and looked down.

I nodded then I noticed something. Everyone that sat around the table seemed awkward..some extremely insecure. It was like Sarah had a farm for outcasts.

I furrowed my brows. "Uhm...How many of you went to school with Sarah?"

Three of the four girls and five of the guys raised their hands. They were all quiet and awkward. The others were new to me. There were tons of other kids but those who raised their hands were the ones I had seen the most. And I didn't even know their names.

"Why are you asking them that?" Sarah gave me a fake smile.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "It's just that...you have a little...cult, I guess."

"A cult?" She raised a brow at me and gave me a cold stare.

"Yeah. I mean, not like Jim Jones kind of cult. Like...A Sarah cult. We're all here because you brought us together," I smiled at her.

She tilted her head and smiled back. "You're right," she looked at everyone staring back at her. "I brought everyone of us together...Like a cult leader."

The new ones looked a bit turned off.

I smiled and stood. "I have to go meet my cousin for...something- But I'll be at your party, Winston." I was about to walk away then something hit me. I turned back to them. "Can I get everyone's names? I don't like not knowing you guys. It's weird. We're all friends, right?" I looked at Sarah.

Her smile looked like plastic. "Right."

"Here," I handed my phone to the first guy. "You can each put your numbers in my phone and tell me your names."

They did as I asked. I could feel Sarah's glare on my skin. It felt good to make steam come out of her ears.

I touched Winston's shoulder and looked at his shirt. It was a Marvel t-shirt. "Happy birthday again." I walked away with a smile. I had a plan.