Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

Little and confused, I pretty much stayed by my mother the whole night. I kept looking for something that would bring back memories, but nothing. Finally, a familiar looking woman appeared as she gave my mother a hug. I had never seen her in real life, but lately, in many pictures. I didn't remember seeing her that night or ever before, but I was 6 and my young self was turned away, eyes on the bright lights on the stage. But having a third person view, I could see who the woman was.

 Anne Cox, Harry's mom.

My voice caught in my throat and I didn't have any time to react before dizziness caught my eye and a darkness seemed to swallow me up.

·         * * * *  

Liam's POV

I couldn't place the world around me. I was standing, but was I really standing there? I tried to make noise, nothing came out. And nobody seemed to see me. It was like I was invisible. Or dreaming. Directly ahead of me, was 3 people I knew and didn't know at the same time.

Two boys and one girl. One boy was obviously older than the other, and the older one had dark brown hair, messy and wavy and the bright blue eyes, twinkling with mischief. He looked about 18 years old.

The other boy seemed to be younger by only a year or two, and they had quite similar facial features. Only this boy had golden blonde locks and eyes that were so, completely blue. Like no other colour or shade of that colour had been ever heard of.

But the girl was definitely the youngest, no older than 14. She had a mix of what seemed to be her brothers' hair as well as mix of their eyes. These 3 looked somehow so, so, familiar to me, but I had never seen them before and I was sure of that.

It seemed like we were all in a hotel lobby, but nobody seemed to place me. Like I wasn't there. Like I was invisible. But before I could open up my mouth and try to say something, a certain darkness swallowed me up.

·         * * * *  

Harry's POV

Nobody was in as much pain as Niall. 

Teagan was his girlfriend, but he and Liam also shared something special. Something... different. It was kinda like the way Louis and I got along. His eyes were red from crying and nobody knew how to comfort him. We were all in too much grief ourselves.

"How's he holding up," Louis came up behind me, a tray of Starbucks in hand. 

"He hasn't ate," I sighed. At this point, I was extremely worried that Niall would be next in the hospital. It wasn't like him, to not want food. He hadn't ate in a day or two. It was definitely the longest he had gone without food. 

"Or gotten out of the hospital," Zayn bit his lip as he took one of the coffees off Lou's tray. "He needs some air and some food in his stomach. He can't keep punishing himself like this."

"I'll try talking to him," I said slowly. I had tried multiple times already, not that any of those attempts had worked.