"You say something, Foust?" The officer asks.

"No." Tim answers quickly.

"Good. Cause I hate prisoners with a smart-ass mouth." The cop says.

Tim knew he was dealing with a good cop, bad cop. The cop driving had a chip on his shoulder and would just love to show his authority. His partner was a much nicer guy.

After booking him, they lead him into the jail area. Some of the cells were occupied. Most were asleep considering it was 2:45 in the morning.

"Here we are. Your room for the night." The cop snickers as he removes the handcuffs. "Enjoy your stay." He shoves Tim into the cell.

Tim stumbles and falls onto the lumpy cot. The cop laughs as he locks the cell door and walks away.

"Asshole." Tim says quietly as he rubs his wrist and looks around. 

There were no sheets or pillow on the cot. The thin mattress was lumpy and stained. Probably with vomit.

Tim scoots back and leans against the wall. There was no way he was laying down on that disgusting mattress.

"This is going to be a long night." He whispers as he closes his eyes.

He slowly opens his eyes at the sound of the drunk in the next cell vomiting. The stench burning his nostrils.

"Oh, this is great. Real f*cking great." Tim mumbles. "Someone needs to complain to the management."

~~

They walk into the house trying not to wake anyone. It had been a long and nerve-wrecking night.

"You Texans really know how to show someone a good time." Kirstie giggles as she takes off her heels.

"Don't we though." Jenika smiles sadly as she sat down on the couch. Her mind slipping to her husband in jail. "I'm so sorry, guys. I ruined everything tonight."

"I don't understand why you got mad at Tim." Patch says. "He didn't do anything wrong."

"I know." Jenika nods. "I just get so jealous of Chance. I just start acting crazy and I take it out on Tim."

"Oh, I thought I heard voices." Dena says quietly as she walks into the living room. "Did y'all have fun?"

"It's an awesome place." Kirstie speaks quickly and Patch nods.

"Where's Tim?" Dena asks as she glances around, not seeing her son.

"Uh." Jenika says as she glances around at Patch and Kirstie. She knows just how protective Dena is of her son and hearing that he was in jail would upset her. She also knew that if Dena knew it was her fault that her son was there, the protective mother would hit the roof. "Maybe you need to sit down."

Dena gives the three a worried look.

"I don't want to sit down. I want to know where my son is." Dena says. "Is he hurt? Oh, my God, is his heart acting up again?"

"No. No, he's not hurt." Jenika says as she takes Dena's hand and sits down on the couch pulling the older lady down with her. "Dena. Tim's was arrested tonight. He's in jail."

"WHAT!!??" Dena shouts as she jumps up from the couch. "AND YOU JUST LEFT HIM THERE!!?? HOW COULD YOU!!??"

"Ms. Dena, Jenika was going to go get him out but the cop said the bondsman's office was closed until later on this morning." Kirstie explains.

"How? What ...?" Dena tries to form sentences as she shakes her head. "What happened? Tim is not a violent person. He's never been in trouble for anything."

"He was pulled over for speeding. The cop smelled alcohol and did a breath analyzer. It was just a tad over the legal amount." Jenika says.

"You let him get behind the wheel after he had been drinking? What's wrong with you?!" Dena asks as she glares at the blond.

"He wasn't drunk, Ms. Dena. It was just that the cop had a very bad attitude. He wouldn't even let Tim get his cane." Kirstie says, trying to come to Jenika's defense.

"I'm sorry, Jenika. I know it wasn't your fault." Dena sighs as she sits back down. "I just hate the thought of my son being in that nasty place."

Jenika looks sadly up at her friends. They quickly shook their heads. They knew that she was thinking about spilling out what had caused it all.

Their attention was drawn to the doorway by a sob.

"Tim in jail?" Adam asks as tears roll down his cheeks.

************

VOTE & COMMENT, PLEASE!!!