BEGINNING OF THE END

"Master Wyrn," The Water Wizard returns, his eyes filled with fear, "You would not believe what we have found at the parts that the water had dried out. A greenish liquid now flows there, steaming and burning all it flows past."

"It does seem a problem. But it is not exactly that monstrous and scary as to how you describe it," Wyrn turned to the Water Wizard and frowned, "What made you so afraid?"

"That is not what I am actually talking about, Master Wyrn," The wizard said, "It is made from the mystical lava at the bottom of the realms, which could not be forced out to the top, where we live, without someone -- or something powerful -- to push the lava through the ground."

"So... what are you implying?" Wyrn cast a glance at the wizard.

"Something big and deadly is coming. We need to send all the powerful Water Wizards back to our realm and prepare in case they strike before it is too late."

***

"Searth! Searth!" Master Sermorph shouted from outside. Searth opened her eyes, and when she looked out of the windows the sky glowed a dark red. Her eyes widened and she crept out of bed.

"Searth!" Outside, Master Sermorph yelled again, and after that came a quick rap on the door.

"Coming!" Searth rushed towards the door and opened it. "W...what is happening, Master Sermorph?"

"Flames are streaking onto the ground on us, Searth. We have to leave right now!" Master Sermorph beckoned to her nervously.

"Wait, but could your wizardry help? You're a wizard, aren't you?"

Sermorph turned back to her and thrust her a stare, "This is the work of the Seven Stars, no one could stop it. Quick, let's get going before those flames blast us to bits!"

"Is it that your wizardry that is not strong enough to stop a few balls of flames? I thought you were a great wizard, eh?" Searth could simply manage a chuckle as they scrambled down the stairs.

"My god, you're still making jokes about me when we could die soon!" Master Sermorph glowered at her, "We have to leave now, and you can stay here to die if you want." Master Sermorph flung back his head and strode away, seething. 

However, Searth's smile disappeared when she stepped outside. Master Sermorph and the other villagers were nowhere to be seen, and some of the houses were blown to bits. In the sky, thousands of flaming balls streaked down, about to wreak havoc on the land, and then one blasted the house she was in just now, and the force thrust her onto the ground.

"Run!" Searth heard Master Sermorph's voice ring out, and scrambled away from the burning building. She looked around, but Master Sermorph was nowhere to be seen. She did not dare look back, her mind was blank, and she ran alone, her face darkened with soot and limbs bloodied because of scrapes from her fall, but she could not stop now.

It was a bet between her life and death, a toss of a coin to survival. But she must survive.

***

Outside, the crickets sounded and the last lights of the city dimmed. In the Wizardry Association, Gwyndale raised his head, peering into the night sky from the domed glass ceiling. The clouds obscured the stars, but he could at least see one, a glowing orb in the night sky.

It was cold, and nothing like the stars he had seen before. Peering down, the cold light illuminated the cold granite floor. For a moment, Gwyndale felt a presence of evil lurking on the dark corridors on the boundaries of the hall and flicked his eyes up instinctively to the second floor of the hall, and there a figure stood, his back facing Gwyndale.

"Who are you?" Gwyndale squinted into the darkness.

"Your nightmare," The man spoke, his voice crackled like flames, dangerous and menacing. He turned, and his face was white. There was no eyes, nose or mouth on his face, but there was a mark of a flaming eagle on where his forehead should lay.

"You..." Upon seeing him, Gwyndale's eyes widened, "I thought you were imprisoned in the depths of the realms? How did you come back?"

"You think that I would still be your slaves for eternity? My powers are stronger than you can ever imagine, and soon our troops would stride over your lands! I am back!" The crackling voice chortled, he turned his face up to the skies, then he turned his blank face back to Gwyndale, "So you have never suspected that I was the one who used the Gurzuk, Eh? Pray, scumbag, that you would die a quick, unpainful death!"

The man whirled his cloak around and disappeared. The only one left in the Wizardry Association was Gwyndale, in shock and terror.