"Boycott it?"

"Nope."

"Decide to actually eat healthy?"

"Well, yeah, but I don't eat nothing but carrots 24/7."

"How have you never eaten at a McDonald's before!?"

"I dunno." Max shrugged.

"Molly!" Cathy snapped. "Back to work!"

"Just, give me one minute!" I ran to the fryer, grabbed one (with the spatula, not my bare hands) threw it in a bun, and ran back.

"Try this."

"What?"

"Try it!"

"Molly," Cathy said. "We can't just give out free food!"

"Consider it my burger of the day. Besides, if he's gonna eat here for the first time, it has to be something at least a little better than our egg McMuffins. Now EAT IT!"

Max carefully took the burger, inspected it for a minute, then took a bite.

"Whoa," He said. "This is really good."

I smiled, proud with myself. "I know, right? And you can practically feel it clogging your arteries!"

Max laughed, and took another bite. After he chewed and swallowed, he smiled at me. "Thanks for showing me some really good, really unhealthy food," He said.

"My pleasure. Come back here anytime." I paused and added. "But don't eat too much, because this stuff really does give you heart attacks."

Max laughed again. "Thanks Molly!"

"Bye Max!"

I turned back to see Cathy glaring at me.

"What?" I asked.

Cathy just rolled her eyes.

---

I picked up James at 5:00, holding 2 McDonald's bags in my hands. "Thanks Mrs. Copper," I said when she opened the door, and handed her a 20 dollar bill.

"I can't watch him tomorrow," She said, after snatching away the money.

I sighed. "Why not?"

"It's my birthday tomorrow, and I don't want to spend it with him." She glared at James.

"Fine. Can you watch him next week?"

"We'll see." She said, and slammed the door.

"That was all she talked about," James said, as we started walking back to our apartment. "Her birthday. She was talking on the phone with her friends about it all day. I didn't even know people that old had birthdays."

I laughed. "Everyone has a birthday James."

"Mine is June 20th," James said.

"I know James. You don't need to remind me."

We reached our apartment, as I unlocked it, James said, "What am I gonna do tomorrow?"

"Hmm?" I asked, opening the door.

"Mrs. Copper just said she can't watch me tomorrow. So what am I gonna do?"

"Well..." I thought for a minute. "I guess I could use one of my sick days. I think I have two left."

"Really?" James asked, his eyes widening with excitement.

"Yeah," I said. "We haven't spent a day together in forever. We can go out and do something."

"Can we go to Disney world?"

I laughed. "No. But maybe we can go out and window shop. We might be able to eat something that isn't from McDonalds."

 James jumped up and down in excitement.

"But for tonight..." I held up the McDonald's bags. "Wanna eat these in front of the tv?"

"Yeah!" James said, grabbing one of the bags.

We ate our burgers and watched cartoons until it got dark. James eventually fell asleep. I tried to pick him up to carry him to his bed, but I guess I'm weaker than I thought I was, because he was way to heavy. So I settled on draping a blanket over him, praying he wouldn't wake up, and heading for Dirty Girls.

---

Hey My Magical Llamas!

Don't know what that was.

Please vote if you liked this chapter, and if you didn't, sorry :(. Sorry if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes. Also please comment and follow me, it really means a lot to me.

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 150 READS!!! I know it isn't that much compared to everything else on wattapd, but I'm freaking out about it! It means a lot to me that my story has been clicked on 150 times. So thank you so much.

Thanks for reading!

XOX