33- "One who bears the queen will have my heart."

Start from the beginning

But as pretty as it may seem, our relationship wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Before all of this, I was still that scared, insecure Ahana who was unsure of our relationship, who doubted over little things, who thought too negatively. Now I did believe Vansh with all my heart, but it took a little more than words and emotions, to convince my logical mind. It had nothing to do with our present but everything with our recent past. It was those wounds I carried along, which was difficult to ignore. More often than not, I gave up on getting together. I'd stop responding, give silly excuses to avoid him, or straight out tell him to stop chasing me. At other times when I became nosy, I would dig information on his days in Boston that he never bothered to tell me about. I'd ask questions about myself, just to check his level of interest in me. You would consider it okay if someone asked you for the first time. But what if it became repetitive— Obviously you would be annoyed. Vansh was annoyed, too. It led to petty arguments and fights which would further my belief in breaking up. We were literally hanging by a thread. Then what, pray, actually made me hold on to it?

It was just one word. One person. Vansh.

If I was the one holding the red threads for both of us before, then it was Vansh who was doing all the work now. Sure, I got successful in infuriating him. He even ignored me when things got rough. I was sure he felt like giving up too. But then, he would come back. He came back like never before, forgetting what happened, letting go of all the bitterness. He would pick up a hilarious joke or anything random to cheer us (me and himself). Every. Single. Time. He became the sunshine after every night. He became the rainbow after each rain. No matter how many times I whined, cried or complained, he would always smile at me (or send a smiling picture of him, in this case). It was his way of saying- 'I'm staying, no matter what.' Little by little, his actions began to reflect on me. His smiles became mine, his words became my words. The hope that was waning before, began to rise. I started to feel it. Feel the Vansh- Ahana craziness coming back to life. It was already there when we rode the train to Orai; when we danced at Ayush's birthday party and even when we were relaxing in the wheat fields. It was always there. I was just too blind to realize it.

Despite all, there was still that little cloud of doubt looming over my head. It was something that was always there, but luckily, I knew a way to get rid of that pesky, little cloud.

I just had to meet him.

Infact, every time we talked on phone and video called each other, I wanted to jump to the other side of the screen and envelop him in my arms. It wasn't just me either. He would practically ask me every night to meet him tomorrow. Never did a single 'no' ached me so much. But I had to give us time. A time enough to stall us until there was nothing left but to meet.

So it was no breaking news that Vansh was over the Mars when I finally agreed on to meet. We were both giddy like we were going to see each other for the first time. But then we thought— Are we just going to pick up a place and meet? Are we going to have a simple, loving date, then declare ourselves official like that? It sounded too plain to our extraordinary tastes. Literally like lemonade to my tongue. Oh hell no, baby! If we were going official then we had to go off with a bang. A lemonade wouldn't do justice to that.

It had to be a lemon mocktail.

~

“He's late.” I stated after checking the time in my mobile. I was seated on the table, reserved for us. The restaurant was underground. It wasn't anything fancy but the wooden walls and the landscapes carved on the tree trunks quite made up for it. Not to mention how the whole place smelled of sandalwood. There was a door at the corner that connected to the bar. I was more than excited for this date. It was anything like we had done before. I wondered what Vansh came up with. He sure was taking his sweet time.