Chapter 11

Violet's POV

I shouldn't have been so cruel to Jackson, I like him, like I really like him. I don't want to leave this town either, even though I probably should since Mr. Jivoni found me. He and my Father were friends back in the day, I had no idea my Father borrowed money off him. 500,000 dollars! I don't have that kind of money! I need to think of a plan to end that son of a bitch. Prying off a teenager, that man is going to hell.

I remember a time when I was around thirteen and Kylie was seven, it was the middle of the night and I had a nightmare. So I went downstairs to get some water and find my Mum and Dad. I overheard my Father talking about Mr. Jivoni, I remember him telling my Mum that Mr. Jivoni has committed advance fee fraud. If I could break into Mr. Jivoni's office, I could find evidence of fraud and send them to the police. He would be arrested and probably sent to prison! I wouldn't have to worry about the debt!

His office is back in New York, I know the building since my Dad had worked with him. I bet he's still working there. I needed help though, I can't break into an office by myself! And I definitely cannot bring Kylie with me. My mind instantly thinks of Jackson, would he forgive me if I apologised? I would have to try, I don't trust anyone else. Where would Kylie stay though? She can not stay in the apartment by herself. If I drive to New York with Jackson tonight I could possibly steal the files and get back here by tomorrow afternoon to pick up Kylie from her sleepover.

It has been decided, hopefully Jackson will forgive me. I grab my bag and rush to my motorbike, I drive way past the speed limit to Jackson's house. I remember him pointing to the house at the end of the street. I drive up to his house, park my motorbike outside and stealthily climb over the gate. I spot a drainpipe on the side of the house, so I hunch over as I sprint across the driveway and onto the grass on the side of the house. I use the metal hinges to hoist myself upwards, I climb up to the first floor balcony. I peer through the balcony door windows and see a middle aged couple lying on a queen sized bed, luckily both of them are reading books so they don't see me. I hoist myself back up the drain pipe and climb to the second floor balcony, I look inside to see Jackson watching something on his laptop. I knock on the door, causing him to look up in surprise. He scowls when he sees me, scampering over to the balcony doors he opens them.

"How did you get up here?! Wait, what are you doing here?!" He whisper yells at me.

"Listen, I know I said some stupid things before but I need your help." I say quickly, it is only now when I take in his state. He has huge bags under his eyes, his hair is ruffled in a million directions. It is also only now that I realise he is shirtless, his toned muscles shining gloriously in the moonlight.

"What exactly do you need help with?" He asks, his face his hard and composed. It was kind of cute.

I quickly explain to him about Mr. Jivoni, and how I can get myself out of the debt.

"You want me, to come with you, to New York?!" He finally says, looking at me like I'm crazy.

"You'll be back by tomorrow afternoon." I say quickly, anticipating what he'll say.

"Fine, I'll go." He says, turning to grab his wallet and phone. "Let's go," he says as he turns back to me.

"Umm, aren't you going to put on a shirt?" I say looking down. Jackson laughs.

"Distracting you am I?" He questions with an amused smile.

"No, just it's very cold outside..." I mutter, mentally slapping myself for sounding so stupid. Jackson laughs again, as he picks up a sweatshirt and throws it over his head.

We both climb down the drainpipe, running back across the driveway we climb over the fence.

"Here put this on," I say handing Jackson the motorbike helmet.