Chapter 10

Jackson's POV

Me and Violet both walk into the bar together, our hands intertwined. She signs both of us up for fights, while I order us some water from Jimmy at the bar.

"Datin' the enemy huh boy?" Asks Jimmy, when I give Violet a peck on the lips before she goes to put our names down.

"Not really." I say, I am not sure what me and Violet are. Are we dating? Or are we just using each other for pleasure?

"You love her though." Says Jimmy, his words take me by surprise.

"What? I-I- no," is all I manage to say. Jimmy just lets out a laugh.

"You are head over heels in love man!" He says, turning to fill up two glasses with water.

"We've only known each other for around a month, don't get ahead of yourself." I reply before Violet returns.

"Signed us up!" She says. I give her a small smile, as Jimmy hands us the glasses of water silently.

--

I've already fought, I beat a guy that goes by the name of 'grey' I beat him within a minute. Violet is up there fighting someone called 'jaguar' his form is pretty bad and I know that Violet can beat him. I scan the crowd, in the corner is a man who is intently watching the fight. He looks to be about fifty, with grey streaks in his pitch black hair. He is wearing a crisp looking suit, and there are two huge bodyguards next to him, both of them dressed in black. I turn back to the fight, it's probably just another rich guy who's sponsoring some of the fighters.

Violet is beating the hell out of this 'jaguar' person, the ref blows his whistle and holds Violet's arm in the air. She won. I cheer and clap, we meet eyes and she gives me a smile. Suddenly I see the old guy from the corner come forwards, a grim look on his face. Violet goes to collect her money, when the old man approaches her. I don't hear what he says to her, but Violet's face goes pale. I suddenly spring into action, running towards them.

"Got a problem buddy?" I ask the old man, he scans my face.

"Go away, you are not needed here pretty boy." His voice is slimy, it made me want to puke. Violet gives me a look that says 'go away.'

"I'm not leaving you." I whisper for her to hear. The old man looks annoyed now.

"Ms. Lockwood your Father owes us a lot of money. Seven years ago he took a loan from my private bank." Says the man, Violet's father? Now that he mentions this, I realise that Violet has never mentioned her family before. Besides her sister.

"My Father's dead, go smooch off someone else!" Violet says, her voice deadly.

"I'm afraid Ms. Lockwood, that even though he's dead the debt now lies in your hands. Since your Mother has so sadly passed." Replies the old man. Both Violet's parents have passed? Who is looking after Violet and her sister.

"I would hate to call child services to pick up you and your sister."

"I'm eighteen next month! Please don't do that!" Pleads Violet, her eyes held so much conflicting emotions.

"Then you better cough up the 500,000 dollars." Says the old man, and with that he turns to leave. His bodyguards following.

"Violet," I try to reach out, but she stops me.

"Leave me alone Jackson, me kissing you was a mistake. We can't be together." Her words make my heart sink. "Oh, and don't tell anyone that I don't have parents. Please." Violet says, not looking at me.

"Go to hell Violet." I say, anger boiling in me. She's attracted to me too, she doesn't have to end what we have. I would have helped her with the money, but I was so hurt I decided to just leave it. Violet finally looks up at me, it looks like she is about to cry but the rest of her face is blank.

She shoves past me, running out of the bar. What have I done?

•••••

Thanks for reading! Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!

Follow me on Instagram @sophs_author

GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES!