.01

[chapter.01]

[?] – hurts like hell – fleuire

[?] – flames - tedy

The winter moon shone brightly in the darkened night sky. The stars, who usually lit up the night sky, had fallen into the shadows of the dark sky leaving the pure moonlight to cast over the city below. The warm lights that lit the small homes below slowly dimmed as the soft breathing of the humans filled the night sky. In the far corner of the city, a lit candle flickered under the powerful waves of the winter breeze. The pale hand shook as it held the lantern up high in the night sky to light the old worn out path. The woman's long blonde hair danced with the cold winter breeze as she continued her long journey. Her other handheld what seemed to be a bundle of soft blankets close to her chest, her body rocking it slightly every couple of seconds.

The sound of frantic footsteps echoed around the woman, surrounding her. She froze, her instincts fighting one another before she quickly made a dash for it. The sound of yelling echoed around her as she stumbled upon an old heavy rusted gate. Without thinking, she pushed it open with a huff setting off down the overgrown path. The lantern swayed from side to side lighting up a section of the path before allowing the darkness to gulp it back down. The heavy gate slammed shut in the background, causing the eyes of the forest to awaken.

The woman paid no attention to them, her breaths heavy as she continued to run. A yell left her lips as she felt her feet slide on the mud, her arms immediately coming up and holding the bundle of blankets tight as her body slipped down the hill. With a thud she landed at the bottom of the hill, instinctively she checked the buddle of blankets. The repetitive shushing sounds left her lips as she rose to her feet.

The sound of the gate opening in the distance caused her head to snap up.

"She's in there, Find me her now!" A male voice commanded, the sound of horses echoed in the night sky before an eruption of commotion entered the forest.

The woman let out a small scared yelp as she took off running once more. Her body tired and dirty, the candlelight slowly burning down under the harsh winds. The sound of the crowd began to inch closer causing the woman to panic. Her hands frantically scanned the area, her eyes falling on what looked to be a small cave hidden under overgrown moss. Her actions quick as she settled down in the small cave. She cleaned out the hidden area, pulling out what seemed to be some sort of chalk. She placed the bundle of blankets on her lap as she began to draw on the small walls, the light of the lantern allowing her to see. With each pattern drawn on, a little purple glow emitted before dissolving into the cold walls.

The woman pulled back, looking down at the small bundle of blankets on her lap. A single tear ran down her face as she leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss on the soft skin of the child. Her hand stroked the cheek of the child gently.

"I love you baby girl." She said softly, wrapping the child in the warm of the blankets once more before placing here in the small cave, the lantern beside her on a dimmed light.

The woman covered the cave with the overgrown moss once more before writing the familiar patterns around the area, the purple glow lighting up the patch of forest floor before disappearing into the winter air. With cautious footsteps she began to backtrack her movements, leading the crowd away from the sleeping child.

"Here! I've found her! She's here your highness!" A male voice called out, the sound of the horse echoing in the night sky as an alarm.

The moonlight shone on the scene below. The shadow of the woman enlarging on the tall oak tree as she tried to retreat from the solider.

"Where is the child?" The male questioned, the woman remained silent.

The sound of a gun being armed echoed through the forest as the shadow of the long gun pointed towards the woman.

"Where is the child!" The male yelled the forest remained silent.

A single gunshot echoed through the forest before the sound of the heavy hooves galloping became distant leaving the forest in silence once more. The shadows winning the battle of the moonlight as it jaws began to gulp down every lit section. Two lilac eyes emerged from within the darkness. Two pale bare feet appeared beside the old oak tree.

"Another innocent has fallen." The male voice spoke, even though his tone was rough he spoke softly as he glanced down at the bright red river that had begun to run through the forest, staining the fallen leaves.

He knelt, the ends of his white hair brushing against the forest floor. He gently touched the woman's face. The dim moonlight reflecting on the patterned mark on his left hand.

"My dear, what did you do to deserve this." He spoke, his hand closing the woman's eyes before lifting her limpness body into the night sky.

He slowly emerged back into the darkness, allowing nature to clean up the rest of the mess. The child slowly began to move in the bundle of blankets. The dim lit candle slowly going out, leaving the child in darkness. A scared cry left its lips, its body moving to try and set itself free from the strong grip. The cries continued, the volume increasing. The sound of leaves crunching went unheard as the cries of the child continue to ring through the forest. The lays of moss slowly began to be lifted revealing the crying child. Two hands reached out, taking the child into their warm grip, silencing the terrified cries.

"I see, this is what you were protecting my dear." The familiar voice spoke softly, stroking the child's soft cheeks.

With a flick of the wrist, the light of the candle evaporates into the air, leaving the pair under the dim light of the moon.

"it's okay princess, you're safe." The male spoke, holding the child close as he disappeared into the shadows of the forest.

His work is done for the night.

🌕

The Protector – Chapter. 01

Uploaded: Thursday 28th December 17. (Early Update)

Next Update: Friday 29th December 17

x

Vote & Comment

Message If You Have Any Questions

Stay Up To Date With Blog For Updates (Link In Bio)

o

Author: Unknown Girl ©