Part 1

Hannah’s POV

Hannah combed through her blonde hair, hopelessly trying to flatten down a strand which was pointing outwards. “Dude, really?” she said to her reflection frustrated. Any other day this wouldn’t be a problem, but today she wanted to look the best she could. She was taking Megan out to dinner to celebrate their 3 month anniversary, so she had to look more than acceptable.

It still surprised Hannah that she was still dating Megan. Megan was tall with long, black hair which was always shiny and her curls bounced off her shoulders as she walked. She was always sweet to Hannah, complemented her on everything and she was generally just a kind-hearted person. She also ran a blog, which Hannah thought was great since they both understood each other’s work. Hannah thought about how lucky she was every day to have someone like Megan, and she didn’t know what she did to deserve her.

Hannah checked the clock as she changed which read 7.30pm. She was meeting Megan at the restaurant at eight so she was on time. Hannah picked out three different ties and placed them in a line along the edge of her bed examining them. One was plain black, one was blue and the other was floral print. She tried each one on and still couldn’t decide which looked best. Most people would say that she was making an unnecessary fuss, but she so desperately wanted to dress to impress. After staring at the ties for another five minutes, she finally decided that she should just ask someone since she was running out of time. Hannah took a picture of herself wearing each of the ties and text the same person who she always turned to in a ‘crisis.’

Grace’s POV

Grace’s phone buzzed next to her as she was scrolling through Tumblr on her laptop. She pushed her laptop aside to check the name which was lit up on her phone. “Of course,” she sighed with a smile as she read Hannah’s name. She knew Hannah well enough to expect some sort of panicked text from her tonight before she met up with Megan. This night was important to her and Grace knew that she wanted everything to be perfect. Grace opened the text which read “Help?!” and had three pictures attached. Grace looked through the pictures of Hannah wearing different ties shaking her head because she had no reason to be in a worry as every tie looked great on her.

“The second one makes you look less gross,” Grace replied, throwing her phone onto the couch.

Grace exhaled loudly as she slumped into her couch. What bothered her the most was not that Hannah made a fuss over all the little things, but that Megan didn’t. Whenever Hannah had clearly made a huge effort, Megan would hardly acknowledge it. Sure she would comment on how Hannah looked nice or that her outfit really suited her, but Grace could see the disinterest in her eyes and hear it in her tone. There was something about Megan which Grace disliked, but she would never tell Hannah that. Sometimes Grace wondered if she was jealous, but she kept those thoughts suppressed. Grace had never been keen on Megan, but if she made Hannah happy then that’s all that matter, yet Grace couldn’t help but think Hannah could do better.

Hannah’s POV

Hannah arrived at the restaurant and checked her watch which was approaching 8.07. What if she’s been there for ages? Hannah began to worry as she walked through the restaurant door.

“Good evening, do you have reservations?” the waitress smiled at Hannah as she walked inside.

“Yes I do, I have reservations for two under Hart,” Hannah replied her attention elsewhere as she scanned the inside of the room looking for her girlfriend. The tables were filled with couples laughing and enjoying their meals but Hannah couldn’t see Megan anywhere. It’s okay, she’s not arrived yet, Hannah thought calming down. The waitress lead Hannah to a table which had been set up for two people with a candle in the centre, as she requested.

Around ten minutes had passed and Hannah was still sitting alone at the table, sipping a glass of wine which the waitress had promptly provided. She probably just got stuck in traffic, she’ll be here soon Hannah convinced herself.

It had now been a full hour since Hannah had arrived at the restaurant. She had texted Megan three times and tried calling her but there was no answer. Hannah began contemplating whether she should just leave or wait a while longer as she gulped her third glass of wine. She decided that Megan could have just got the day for the dinner muddled up, and began to gather her things to leave.

“Hannah?” a familiar voice spoke. Hannah looked up to see her girlfriend approaching with an apologetic smile plastered on her face.  

A/N: This chapter’s not very good, but hey it’s just the intro I suppose. I don’t know. I just wanted to get it started. Let me know your thoughts :)