Square tables, slow turning ceiling fans above, light classical music, waiters smartly dressed in black and white, checkered rustic tiled floor, large windows, small vases of yellow carnation flowers on each table, with daily specials on a chalk board at entrance.

   "You want to dine inside or outside?" Mason asked with a dimpled smile. Those pearly white teeth nearly blinded me, and I found myself staring at his smile, a little longer that normally.

     "Outside." I reported. "It feels good out tonight."

    "I mean, it's pretty dark out there. You sure you won't be scared?" He chuckled, obviously just joshing around.

    "Not when I have a strong guy like you around." I dryly tittered, half-lying.

   He smirks, folding his own arms, which are muscular, much to my dismay. "Well, I'm not one to brag."

I suppressed a smile, laughing to myself. Mason glances at me, his mouth quirking upward despite not knowing why. The waiters greeted us and guided us outside in the patio area, where the light from the diner, was shining down onto the tables. Glancing over the menu rapidly, I decided on the steak tacos and fries.

"You aren't hungry?" I wondered, giving him a look and raising my eyebrow.

He nodded, looking concerned and intrigued all at once. "Not exactly. We had that party at the station, I just wanted to make sure you weren't going home starving."

Shaking my head, I look away again.

  "That's awfully thoughtful of you." I whispered.

"What does it feel like?" he asks suddenly, surprisingly. "To find that body, like what did it feel like?"

"Nerve-wracking and scary all at once. Although, I intern at the station, I still wanted to run." I mumbled, the moment the waiter brought out my steaming hot food and sauntered back inside the diner, my stomach grumbles. "This looks great."

Mason smirked satisfied. "And it taste better than it looks."

  "It feels incredibly awkward with you not eating anything, Mason." I say firmly.

"I'll close my eyes then." The amused look vacated from his face, replaced by one of defeat, his brown eyes fluttered close.

"No, it's alright." I remarked lowering my eyes to the food, dipping my fries in some Ketchup and chewing. The potatoes were perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection.

Taking a deep breath, I hungrily scan over the meal before me. It really does look appealing, and I have no doubt that it taste that way too. Moments later, I prove myself right, and it doesn't take me long to devour it. Mason was truly accurate about this place.

"I have a feeling that tomorrow morning, it's going to be all over the news." Mason mumbled shifting his attention back to the case, I so desperately, wanted to drop.

"Allison handled the situation great. Me on the other hand," I paused formulating words to defend my actions. "My intern instincts should have kicked in but that didn't, not right away at least."