Reflecting on Feelings

After being saved by Imelda, Elly smiles at Miguel's happiness when he sees Dantè is a spirit guide. When they land with his family, she taps his shoulder. "Miguel?" Everyone else gasps. "She's talking?! When did she start talking?!" Yells Rosita, Elly ignores her.

"I...I want to apologize, about the way I acted. It was wrong of me, I'm sorry." He smiles. "It's alright." Pause. "You look beautiful in that dress." With a gasp, he covers his mouth with both hands as she looks up with wide eyes. "You think I look beautiful?" He lowers his hands with a sheepish smile. "Umm...maybe." She blushes lightly. "Muchas gracias Miguel." Now they're both blushing, looking into one another's eyes with shy smiles. The family looks back and forth between them, Imelda rolls her eyes.

"I know that look, I had it on my face," she glances at Hector out the corner of her eye, "many times in my life." As the statemant registers with him, he looks at her only to see she's looking away like it never happened.

"So...Elly?" "Yes Miguel?" "You think maybe...after all this is over...we could head back to the Land of the Living? You and me?" She smiles with a light nod. "I'd like that very much." Everyone groans loudly.

"Seriously? You didn't even try to kiss her!" Says Hector, but neither one of them really hear him.

~

Upon entering Ernesto's concert and slipping out of costume, Elly stumbles out of the skirt and falls to the ground. "Are you okay Elly?" Miguel asks, taking her hand to help her up. "Yeah. Thanks Miguel." They both look down and realize they're holding hands, their eyes meet and they both freeze.

"You're holding my hand Miguel." Her voice is suddenly softer, his blush lighter. "I know. Is...it uncomfortable for you?" She shakes her head, eyes never leaving his gaze. "No, your hand's very warm." "Like you." She laughes, his blush becomes darker. "Sorry. I don't know what I'm doing." She pulls him into a hug. "You're getting there." And without warning, she pecks his cheek and skips off. His jaw drops, Hector walks over with a low whistle.

"That's even quicker then I chould've done. Do kids nowadays always move that fast?" He snaps his fingers in front of Miguel's still stunned face. "Hello? Anybody in there?" A dreamy smile slips to Miguel's face. "She kissed me, on the cheek." He reaches up and touches the spot. "I swear I could just..." With a sigh he falls back only to have Hector pick him up and lightly slap his cheeks.. "Don't faint now niño, not when the big finish's just around the corner."