"Here, let me carry you bags."

"It's alright. I can carry them myself."

"Okay. Where are you going to go now?" Walking out of the store, a sense of dread filled the air, causing me to become alert of our surroundings. For some reason, I feel like someone's watching us. Where is he...where is he...

"Let's see..." Turning around, I caught sight of a guy in black holding a sniper from the top floor where renovation work was going on. Shit!

"Look out!" Pushing her down immediately, a long bang rang out causing the people in the mall to all race out of the shops in panic. The bullet missed Catherine by inches due to the sudden movement. Why is she targeted?

"What's happening, Ryan?"

"Someone is aiming for you. Do you have any idea who the person is?" 

"No, I don't."

"Anyway, we have to find a safer place to hide now."

"Where?"

"This way!" Dragging her by arm, we raced towards the emergency staircase only to stop in our tracks when our eyes landed on two other guys stationed there. 

"Shit. This way, Ryan!" Heavy footsteps followed behind us relentlessly as we made a dash towards the lifts.

"You're not getting away!" "Come back here!" They hollered loudly, causing screams by the crowd to fill the air when they spotted the pistols they're carrying.

"Catherine, you go first."

"What?! What about you?" She turned back in disbelief with fear clearly written all over her face. 

"I'll hold them off. I'm trained in that field so don't worry."

"You s-sure?"

"Yes. Now go!"

"Please, come back safe, Ryan."

"I will. Now go!" Before she can even escape, the men soon caught up with us with evil grins on their faces.

"Nuh-uh. Too late." Raising their guns up, they aimed towards her as she stood there petrified. "See you in hell, bitch." Sneering gladly, they fired instantly without mercy. No...I won't be able to make it in time.

*Bang! Bang!*  

"Ca...Catherine..." She stared at me blankly with confused eyes as blood stained her clothes red.

"R-Ryan?"

"You...alright?" A cool liquid trickled down my back, sending me a cold chill along with it. It feels cold for some reason...

"Y-Yes." She replied fearfully as tears welled up in her eyes. Why does she look like she's going to cry?

"Thank...good- *cough* " Covering my mouth, a warm liquid splattered against my palm as I felt my body weaken tremendously.  What's...this? Blood?

"Ryan? Can you hear me?" My eyelids grew heavier with every passing second as I fought to stay awake as my vision darkened and cleared repeatedly. 

"Shit! We got the wrong one dude! What do we do?!"

"Run obviously you dumbass!"

"Ryan? Can you answer me? Ryan! Don't sleep Ryan, wake up!" Sorry Catherine...I tried...I'm tired... 

"Ryan!" Forgive me....

Adrian's POV:

"With this, I conclude my presentation. Thank you." Amy ended her presentation smoothly before going back to her seat with her group members.

"Thank you, Amy. Who's next?"

"I'm up next boss." Darryl, one of the other group's member rose to his feet as he walked confidently to the front to set up his laptop.

"Very well." Sigh..I wonder when can this be over and done with.

"For our department, we have come up with this idea of-"

*buzzzz...........buzzzz.........*

Catherine? I wonder what happened, she never called me before...

"Sorry Darryl but can you please pause for a while?"

"Sure, Boss." Leaving the room promptly, I answered the call immediately as Catherine's frantic voice entered my ears soon after. Shit...don't tell me that she have problems with her father's side.

"Adrian?!"

"Catherine? What's the matter?"

"I-It's R-Ryan-" R-Ryan? W-What happened to him...

"What about him?!"

"He got shot!" Sh-Shot?!

"What?! How is he?!"

"I don't know! Just come to Harold's Hospital now!" 

"Meeting's dismissed!" 

Ryan....I'm coming for you Ryan. Wait for me. Please...stay alive no matter what. You must live, I can't lose you Ryan.