Chapter 9

Trisha's POV:

"Mummm!" Adrian hollered urgently from the kitchen making me chuckle softly.

"Yes Adrian?" Leaning against the glass panel, I took in the sight of him in my pink apron which he and Ryan bought for me as a gift 17 years ago during Mother's Day. Glancing at my direction in distress, he held up a plate of slightly softened but mostly still solid butter before giving it a  glare.

 Glancing at my direction in distress, he held up a plate of slightly softened but mostly still solid butter before giving it a  glare

The apron he's wearing ^

"The stupid butter refuses to melt, Mum. I followed the instructions to melt it but it only softened slightly." He held a glass cup in his hand while scrolling through his phone irritatedly. Glass cup? Oh...*sighs*...

"That method you're doing is to soften the butter Adrian, not melt it." Taking his phone from him, I scrolled right to the bottom to show him what they wrote. "Look at this. They stated that the above method is for softening of butter. To melt it, microwave it for 1 minute."

"Ohhhh...oops?" He smiled embarrassingly before taking a screenshot of it.

"Why are you melting butter anyway? What are you making?" Cutting the butter into smaller pieces for him, I turned around just in time to see him take out a plastic bowl from the cabinet. My goodness... "Ceramic bowl, Adrian. Not plastic unless you want the whole microwave to blow."

"I knew that, Mum. I was just checking the design of the bowl. I was about to put it back until you caught me." Right...that definetely was a lie. Putting the bowl back quickly, he took a ceramic one out, washing it thoroughly before transferring the butter into the bowl. "I'm thinking of making smores bars."

"For Ryan?"

"Yup!" Oh dear...bless your soul Ryan.

"Just try not to poison him."

"Mummmmmm...come on...I'm not that bad."

"I beg to differ. You can't even fry an egg without turning it into charcoal." Okay, I think I should just stop my work now and just watch him for the time being...

"That's why I decided to use an oven this time."

"Do you even know how to use the oven?"

"Of course. It's a piece of cake. I've watched enough Youtube videos to know how to use it." He said confidently as he place butter into the microwave. At least he knows how to use a microwave but an oven is a different thing.

"Okay...if you say so....I guess?" I still don't trust him in the kitchen. "I still have a few hours to spare...do you want me to help you?"

"Please?" Taking the recipe from him, I scanned through it swiftly before returning it back to him. This recipe couldn't be much simpler.

"Of course." I can't having my boy poisoning my other boy even if it's out of good will. Oh wait...where's my phone? Ah found it. "Adrian love, can you look here?"