SIXTEEN

Disclaimer

#justleaveGraceParkerthefuckalone2k17/2k18

✧

Grace sucks in a breath as she stared at the boy in front of her. Jasper stood beside her, slowly inching towards the gun he had placed on the table previously. They both lunge for it at the exact same time as Grace lunches towards Myles. Maybe she could save him. She started pressing on his chest, the fear protruding through her when she felt the barrel of the gun be pressed into the small of her back.

"Step away from him, Grace," Murphy demands. Grace doesn't move, instead she keeps doing compressions. She could save him, she just needed to try a little harder. "Grace, stop what you're doing. Now."

She stops, presses her lips against the boys and blew some air into his lungs. Then, she started again.

"Grace, stop. He's going to hurt you," Jasper says. Grace's heart clenches as she stares down at Myles body. He laid still under her hands, bouncing only when she pressed hard in to his chest. Slowly, she raised shaky hands up and turned around.

"Okay. Okay, fine," Grace kept her gaze right on Murphy's face, forcing the betrayal away. Everyone kept betraying her. She had put her trust in Murphy, she had allowed him to have a second chance. She allowed him into their camp, and he had betrayed her.

This was her fault.

Her gaze swiftly moves to Jasper who is staring at the two of them in fear. He backs up slightly and Grace nods reassuringly towards him. "It's going to be okay, Jasper."

"Get beside him with your hands above your head," Murphy demands, the gun pointing at her chest now. Grace nods, slowly but surely making her way across the dropship. Her heart leapt into her throat when she felt he barrel against her back again. "Faster."

Grace quickened her pace and turned around only when she was right next to Jasper. Jasper holds a hand out to Murphy uneasily, his face panicked. Grace swallowed the panic rising in her throat and pulled her hands up, trying to ignore the panic rising in her chest.

"Murphy, just put the gun down," Jasper said softly. His voice was tinged in panic as Grace stepped forward.

"Come on, Murphy. Let's just talk about this," Grace says, her desperate attempt at getting the gun away from Jasper's chest. She'd be damned if anything happened to him, too.

Murphy looked behind him and towards the body behind him, his voice laced in pain. "He-he tried to kill me."

Jasper backed up quickly, eyes widening when Murphy lifted the gun towards him again. "Hey, don't move."