twenty-three

(IT'S SO HARD FOR ME TO PICTURE TYLER LOOKING THIS YOUNG)

march was coming to an end and tyler and josh were going strong. mr. weekes hadn't bothered tyler since he had fresh hickies on his neck nearly every week. everyone was curious to find out who tyler was sleeping with, but he simply dismissed them. the couple hung out nearly every day, and had been dating for a few weeks. and tonight, since it was friday, josh was going to tyler's house for the first time. tyler had told his parents countless stories of josh, and they suggested having him come over for dinner.

a knock gained tyler's attention and he ran out of his bedroom to the front door, greeting josh in a new outfit he'd gotten.

if it isn't obvious enough, tyler loved the color pink and wearing shoes that made him feel taller than he actually was

"hi josh!" he grinned, pulling the yellow haired man into his house. josh looked around anxiously, fiddling with the duffel bag he'd brought since he was staying the night. tyler could tell he was nervous.

he stood on his very tippy-toes and pecked josh's cheek, hoping it would relieve his worries. josh only have him a nervous smile and let tyler take his bag to his room.

"ah! you must be josh!" he heard a voice speak, gaining his attention in the kitchen. "i'm tyler's mom, kelly. it's so nice to finally meet you! and my, tyler said you were tall, but tall is an understatement!"

josh chuckled nervously, toying with the ends of his sleeves. he'd dressed nice for dinner, wanting to make a good impression.

josh was thankful when tyler entered the room, guiding josh to sit next to him at the dinner table

josh was thankful when tyler entered the room, guiding josh to sit next to him at the dinner table. he informed josh that dinner should be ready soon.

"actually, it's done now," kelly spoke kindly. "dinner's ready!" she yelled to rest of the josephs.

josh turned his head to watch three other kids run into the kitchen, followed by a man who simply laughed at the children. once everyone had their food, tyler decided it was a good time for introductions.

"everyone, this is josh. josh, my mom and dad."

"you can call me kelly."

"chris. nice to finally meet you, josh," tyler's dad spoke politely, easing josh's anxiety.

"nice to meet you."

"and this is my brother, jay. he's 15. maddy, she's 13. and my youngest brother zack, he's 8."

josh followed along as tyler pointed to all his siblings, each one smiling as an introduction.

"how tall are you?" zack asked in awe, and josh couldn't help but laugh.

"i'm 6'5."

"do you play basketball?" jay butted in, digging into the meatloaf kelly made.

"no, i didn't do sports in high school. i tried basketball, but i wasn't any good at it." (josh is... fast)

"you're graduated?" maddy groaned. "lucky."

"yep, four years ago."

"so, i assume you have a job then?" chris asked.

"yes, sir. i'm a veterinary assistant, a waiter, and I play in a band," josh wasn't lying, he just left out the fact that he was tyler's substitute.

"wow, i'm impressed!" kelly smiled.

they spent the rest of dinner getting to know josh more, and josh was happy tyler's family was so polite. before he came he was all worried they would instantly hate him, but now he realized how dumb that sounded. the joseph's were the nicest family he'd ever met.

after dinner, tyler showed josh to his bedroom, the latter smiling at how cute it was. everything was either pink or white, and there was a nice pale pink bed canopy that josh was sure would come in handy sometime. tyler even had his own little vanity, littered with nail polishes and polaroids of himself. his dresser was littered in jewelry, and josh realized josh how spoiled tyler already was.

"oh! don't look at these!" tyler gasped, running over to his vanity and gathering all of the polaroids into a pile

"you like taking pictures of yourself, huh?" josh teased, walking over and taking the pile of photos from tyler.

"give them back!" tyler whined, having to jump for them since josh was holding them so high above his head.

josh grinned as he flipped through them. tyler was smiling in some, making silly faces in others. "you're so cute, baby."

"just keep them," tyler sighed. "i can always take more, anyway."

"not going to argue with that," josh said, stuffing the polaroids into the bag he'd brought.

"just come cuddle with me," tyler groaned, plopping backwards onto his bed.

josh happily crawled onto the soft pink sheets and next to his boyfriend, letting tyler's head rest on his chest.

"you're such a princess."

"is that bad?" tyler questioned, nuzzling into josh.

"not at all. i just didn't realize you were already spoiled."

"i'm not spoiled at all!" tyler argued, narrowing his eyes at the older.

"whatever you say, kitten. i never said it was a bad thing."

"you're annoying," tyler sighed.

"and you're spoiled," josh teased.

tyler groaned in frustration and stuffed his face underneath josh's arm. even if he was a little spoiled, josh was still annoying.