fifteen

"you're fucking crazy."

"no i'm not!" tyler glared at his tall friend. "it wasn't my fault!"

"you can't have both of them, ty. you have to pick one," ryan said.

"mr. dun," tyler spoke without hesitation.

"then why didn't you tell him that you don't like mr. weekes?"

"because i thought it would make him jealous. i don't know. my brain hurts and i want to go home."

"you're dramatic," brendon laughed.

"no, i really hate this!" tyler sighed. "it might seem simple to you but it's really hard."

"all you have to do is lay off weekes  and go after dun, how hard is that?"

"shut up, brendon."

"do you always talk to your friends like that?"

tyler jumped at the voice, heart instantly sinking into his stomach. he gave his friends a fearful look before turning around to see no other than mr. dun.

"um... no..."

"yes he does," brendon argued.

"not to me," ryan assured. "just brendon."

"can i talk to you for a second?"

tyler wanted to faint. his hands automatically began shaking, heart racing, chest growing tight. he didn't know why he was so worried, he just was.

"y-yeah, um, sure. take a seat..."

"alone."

the brunette gulped, glancing at his friends.

"help. me." he mouthed, making them both laugh. he glared in response, slowly rising from his seat and following mr. dun out of the cafeteria.

"what do you want?" he mumbled, picking at his nail polish in an attempt to calm his nerves.

"i want you to be honest with me."

"o-okay..."

"look at me."

"i'm good."

"tyler, look at me," mr. dun demanded, the brunette raising his head in submission.

"do you like mr. weekes?"

the smaller immediately adverted his eyes back to his finger nails. his body grew hot in reaction to how nervous he was.

"i said look at me."

"s-sorry, sir," tyler choked out, lifting his head to meet mr. dun's stare.

"do you like mr. weekes?" he repeated.

"well.. uh... y-yeah but-"

"but?" mr. dun encouraged.

tyler was suddenly aware of how close their bodies were. mr. dun was nearly pressing him against the wall with his own body. he felt the taller's body heat radiating onto him, and he wanted more than anything to lose himself in his arms.

"i like you more," tyler admitted, not breaking eye contact. mr. dun's eyes reminded him of a forest, not because they were green but because he could get lost in them.

he watched a smile make its way onto the substitute's lips. a warm hand made contact with his cheek, sending a jolt of electricity through him.

"you like me more?" mr. dun repeated.

"uh huh..." the boy admitted anxiously, finding himself leaning into mr. dun's touch.

the substitute glanced around the hallway quickly. before tyler knew what was happening, their lips crashed together.

they kissed slowly, testing out how their lips felt on each other's. tyler's arms reached up around mr. dun's neck while the older rested his hands upon tyler's hips.

tyler was in pure bliss. he hadn't kissed anyone in so long, and none before had been so loving, so soft. their parted lips moved against each other, noses bumping occasionally. they were both grinning when mr. dun finally pulled away.

"i like you too."